'Never Just Friends,'

You and Kevin had a very unique but complicated relationship. It was obvious to both of you that you like each other but nobody ever specifically stated what your relationship is. To you, it didn't need to have a label, you were both happy and that was all that matters.

As you were preparing dinner there was a knock on your door. You weren't expecting anybody over so this definitely caught you off guard. As you opened the door, you realised it was Kevin and he had a suitcase with him.

'Hey Kevin, I didn't know you were coming over,' you greeted, as you gestured for him to come in.

He only smiled as he walked in, settling himself down on the couch.

'I came over to tell you that I'm leaving for a couple of months for tour,' Kevin broke the silence, leaving you speechless.

'You didn't have to come all the way here just to tell me that Kev,' you smiled at him.

'I also have to tell you that I'm,' Kevin paused, his eyes lingered onto you longer than usual. You didn't know what it was but you could tell he was sad and guilty. 'I'm going to propose to this girl i met a few years back,'

Somewhere, deep down, you could hear something cracking. Whatever Kevin had said, slowly began registering itself in your brain.

He. Is. Going. To. Marry. Somebody. And its not you.

You could only look at him with hurt and grief written all over your face, 'Were you making use of me all this while?'

Kevin sat upright as he looked at you eye to eye, 'No I wasn't making use of you. With you, I had a lot of fun but with her i realised that i wanted to settle down and it only felt right for you to hear it from me personally I never meant to hurt you,'

You could feel the tears threatening to fall but you bit your lip, you were not going to cry. Especially not in front of him.

'Kevin please leave,' you barely managed to say out.

'Y/N,' Kevin called out, trying to hold your hand but you only pulled your hand back. He understood that as a sign that you were really serious and he knew there was nothing he can do to fix the situation.

As he stand at the door, he turns to give you one last longing look,

'Just so you know, you and I,' he pauses, licking his lips, 'we were never just friends,'

++

HELLOOO here's something sad and a double update because i havent been on here for a while,, i'll be writing an AJ and Howie one sooon,, in the mean time if you want a personal one please dont be afraid to ask x