'More Than That'

I can see that you've been crying
You can't hide it with a lie
What's the use in you denying
That what you had was wrong

'Hey, I came here as fast as i could,' Brian called out panting just as he enters the room. You tried to wipe the tears away, knowing that Brian would be pissed that Theo had made you cry again.

'Woah woah, are you crying?' He asks as he settled himself beside you. He held your arms gently, stopping you from wiping the tears but you weren't about to admit it to him.

'No, Brian. My eyes just hurt,' you lied. But he was all too familiar with the scene. You would cry to him about your bastard of a boyfriend and he'd nag and nag but the very next day you'd forgive Theo and he'd just have to watch and wait until the cycle repeats itself.

'The relationship is really toxic,' he begins but you scooted closer to him shushing him up, 'Its just getting unhealthy and you can't deny that this is all,' he pauses.

You turned to look at him, tears brimming in your eyes, 'Its not wrong Brian. I love him,'

I heard him promise you forever
But forever's come and gone
Baby he would say whatever
It takes to keep you blind
To the truth between the lines

'You tell her and I swear to god I will not hesitate to disfigure your face,' Theo threatens, as he pinned Brian against the wall. Brian struggled against the strength that was holding him back.

'Oh yeah? Disfigure my face all you fucking want but I'm going to tell her. I saw what you were doing. You were kissing another woman and its not her,' Brian struggles to speak up, not backing down because of Theo's dumb threat. The grip on his neck becomes tighter and Brian swore he began to lose his vision.

'Listen here, we're both getting married and she won't believe your stupid ass,' Theo whispers, his jaw tightening, 'She's only going to think you are being a jealous bastard, just like always.'

The pressure lifts of his neck as Theo left, leaving Brian with a bruised neck and a broken heart.

--

'Oh come on! Why would I be lying to you, I really saw him kissing another woman!' Brian yells exasperatedly.

You sighed as you look at Theo and Brian, 'Brian.. I know you care but Theo would never do that to me,' you paused, as you took Theo's hand and interlaced your fingers. 'I'm going to get married Brian. Why would he cheat on me when he's going to spend the rest of his life with me?'

Brian groans as he tugs on his hair, looking at Theo with hatred and rage, 'So you'd believe this dude and his promises to be with you forever just because he's going to marry you? You're not going to believe your best friend that you've known practically your whole life?' Brian questions, hint of disappointment evident in his tone.

'I appreciate you looking out for my future wife but.. she and I.... we're forever,' Theo smirks as he approaches Brian, 'We would like some time to ourselves. You should leave,'

Baby you deserve much better
What's the use in holding on
Don't you see its now or never
Cause I just can't be friends

'So, you're getting married tomorrow,' Brian begins as he sat back in his car. You gave him a small smile not really saying anything. 'You know don't you?' He asks.

He didn't know why he bothered to ask but your posts on social media gives him hints that you know about Theo cheating on you. What bugs him is thaat the wedding is still on despite it all.

'I can't cancel,' you whispered, the cold wind seemed like it carried the weight of your words along with it. 'I do know, but the wedding day is so near and I don't want to embarrass my family.'

'You can let it go, I'll be here,' Brian tries to coax you out of the wedding. He held your hands gently in his, 'You deserve better than this. You don't have to hold on to things for the sake of your family. Come on, we can still fix this,' Brian pauses, his voice cracking as the tears threaten to pour, 'Its now or never,'

You looked at Brian, the pain and hurt is so visible on his face. How did you not realise that the best thing to ever happen to you is right there in front of you. He's willing to do anything and everything for you. But its too late. You bit down on your lip, 'I'm sorry Brian. I can't.'

And as you walked away, Brian made it a point to end the friendship there and then. Because he knew both of you just can't be friends. Not while he's still in love with you.

There's not a day that passes by
I don't wonder why we haven't tried
It's not too late to change your mind
So take my hand, don't say goodbye

Somehow, despite 4 years passing by, just the sight of you is still enough to knock the breath out of him. He heard about the divorce but he never stepped in to ask. It didn't feel right. There you were sipping on a cup of coffee, on your laptop doing work. Brian felt his heart ache, maybe just maybe he should head in.

He braved himself and walked right up to you.

He cleared his throat, 'Mind if i take a seat?'

'Oh my god.. Brian..' you let out a shaky breath as you cleared the seat beside you.

You both spent 30 minutes talking and catching up, neither of you ever bringing up Theo. But somehow, no matter how much you tried to avoid talking about Theo he still came up.

'You were right Brian,' you let out a small laugh as you sighed, 'He's a bastard.'

There was a heavy silence that settled around both of you.

'You know.. even after 4 years.. I still am willing to try you know,' Brian whispers, as he fidgets in his seat. 'After i walked away, i spend most days wondering why we never gave it a shot. Maybe it was because you never looked at me that way or maybe you were just blinded by Theo but just so you know,' Brian pauses, licking his lips, 'You and I, we can try. You don't have to love me but just let me love you and show you what I can do because i can definitely love you more than that bastard ever did and show you what you deserve,' Brian stops as he looks at you.

He held his hand out and you only smiled as you interlaced his fingers in yours.

++

This was something different and the idea came from SaloniAKulkarni ,, I appreciate you suggesting what i should write about! I didn't do the chorus because my brain is dumb meh. I think I should update everyday but we shall see how that goes!

I was thinking of scraping this book... like idk delete it... or something? we'll see how that goes.