parenting

hello this is a personal for @kaydeeisaguitar sorry for the wait!
++

nick's grip on the steering wheel was getting harder the closer both of you approached the police station.

you could see him suppressing the anger and rage. it was 3am. you had recieved a call from the local police station and you both immediately rushed down knowing your daughter needed to be bailed out.

'Nick, please don't yell at her,' you called out, placing a hand on his arm. nick shuts his eyes. counting to 3 before going inside.

/

the journey home had obvious tension in the air. your daughter's puffy eyes were clear indication that she had regretted her actions. nick's anger had subsided and he had a stoic expression. you, on the other hand, found it increasingly difficult to remain quiet.

this was the calm before the storm.

/

'what the hell did you think you were doing?' nick raises his voice slightly.

your daughter sat at the sofa, not daring to look at her father eye to eye.

nick groaned. tugging on the roots of his hair.

'i..' your daughter began speaking up, 'i was just following Brent... i didn't know...'

'you didnt know what? that he was into drugs? you're not an idiot, athelea!'

'Nick!' you yell. that was too harsh and you know he knows that too.

Your daughter flinched. she got up and looked at nick in the eye, 'i hate you'

that was the breaking point. she stormed off into her room, slamming the door. nick slumped in defeat.

you approached him cautiously, athelea was his world and you know her words hurt him more than he showed.

'I've failed as a father Kaydes... she... she hates me,' nick whispers as he took your hands in his.

you kissed his hands, 'hey,' this made him turn to look at you, 'you're the best dad in the world. that.. was a moment of weakness. she loves you more than anything else nick..'

'you'll talk to her for me will you?' nick bites his lower lip, looking at you expectantly.

'of course,' you smile, reassuring him.

'i love you kaydes, thank you so much,' he smiles, kissing your forehead.

+++

i've had such a crappy day i want to di........e i hope your day wasn't as shit

you matter.