'Silly'

This is for @EvelynThePerson meep moop, hope this is good

++

'Hey Evelyn,' your best friend greeted as soon as she saw you, 'Did you notice AJ acting a little bit weird lately?'

You paused, as your eyebrows furrowed thinking about AJ, 'No... not that i remember,' you pursed your lips.

'Well, Howie told me he bought you a ring.'

You spat out the iced tea that you were drinking and stared at your best friend. AJ? Ring?

'Wait what, you mean like a ring ring?' You asked, confused.

'Yes, idiot,' your friend muttered as she rolled her eyes at you.

'Thats AJ you're talking about. He told me he wasn't ready for marriage. What do you mean he got me a ring? Are you sure its for me?' You asked her, question after question.

'Maybe something changed his mind Evelyn,' she stopped, looking at you as she tilted her head. 'Unless....'

'Unless what?'

'You're the one not ready to marry him,' she finishes, folding her arms.

'I...' your voice faltered.

/

That Night

'Hey baby,' AJ kisses you as he settled down on the couch.

You offered him a soft smile.

'Hey, whats wrong princess?' AJ asks, worried you're not acting like your usual chatty self.

'Can we talk?'

'Of course,' he answers. But his heart was beating at a speed unimaginable and his palms were sweating. He always hated those words, it makes him feel like you're going to dump him.

'Do you want to marry me?'

'Are you proposing to me?' AJ asks, taken aback by your sudden question.

'What?' You half yelled, freaking out. 'No, thats not what I meant!'

'Wait so you dont want to marry me?' AJ asks, softly.

'AJ,' you took a deep breath in, 'I'm not proposing to you and its not that i dont want to marry you. I just, heard from someone that you got me a ring but baby we've only been together for 1 year and we're still young and I-'

'Evelyn,' he calls out, chuckling.

'What?'

'I'm not going to propose to you,' he states.

''What about the ring...?' You mumble.

'This ring,' he pauses as he takes out the ring from his pocket, 'is a promise ring, silly.'

'Oh....'

'I'm not going to marry you,' he stops as he takes your hand, 'At least not now. But this promise ring is kind of like me reserving you.'

'Do i look like a table?' You joked, only to realise that was probably a really stupid joke.

'No, you don't,' he laughs, 'Its my way of saying that you're mine and I intend you to be mine forever,' he smiles as he kisses your knuckles.

'Man, I really need to stop listening to people,' you groan feeling embarrassed.

'Thats okay. Although maybe, to make up for it, why not you be the one to get down on one knee and propose to me?' he smirks.

'Ha ha very funny,' you rolled your eyes as you snuggled close to him.

++

This cute though. I'm proud of me. I hope you like this.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and i want you to know that if today is a bad day, tomorrow will be better. I promise.

ANYWAYS GUYS thanks for 4k reads, yall are amazing ❤️