'Try Again'

This is for jessiboobearx thank you for patiently waiting, i feel like i made you wait so long for this but i hope the wait was worth it and you enjoy this!! Thank you for the support, I appreciate it.

++

You didn't know what had happened. One moment, you were watching Nick paint the baby room and the next you were on the floor, your tummy hurting like it had just been stabbed. Nick could not sit still as he was waiting for you outside the operating theatre. Watching and hearing your cries and screams incredibly hurt him. He did not know what had happened but he was only hoping for the best. He prayed nothing will happen to the love of his life and the life that you were carrying.

It felt like forever but you eventully gained conciousness. Nick stood up straight as he stroked your hands lovingly. He only managed to give you a small smile as he kissed your cheek. For a while, you were at a loss. Why were you at the hospital? Why did Nick look like he had just finished crying? What was happening?

Your hand shifted to your tummy and your heart rate increased, as you gripped on Nick's hand harder.

'Nick... please tell me he's still here with us,' you whispered, panicking.

Nick couldn't say anything. He only stood up as he wrapped his arms around you. You thrashed and screamed in his arms and he knew nothing can make you feel better.

==

Hours passed, you had finally calmed down but you were weak. You couldn't help the heavy feeling in your chest, how.. how could you have easily lost something so precious? You glanced to look at Nick. He looked like he had aged 10 years. You knew this killed him just as much as it is killing you. You couldn't help the feeling of guilt and shame, feeling like you had failed Nick. The tears rolled down your cheeks and Nick sat himself down beside you, holding your hands.

'Amara,' he pauses, his voice hoarse after not talking for hours. 'This is a challenge for us and we're strong enough to go through this together. This is not your fault, at all and I need you to know that,'

You leaned on his shoulder, 'I feel so fucking terrible Nick... i lost our son... we've been waiting for this for years. Its not one or two years. Five years. I have failed you,' you sobbed.

Nick turns to you, cupping your face in his hands, 'Hey,' his voice stern as he takes in all your features. Your puffy eyes and red nose, the sadness that lingered, 'Its not your fault. You didn't plan to lose the baby, and i understand that. I don't understand the guilt you carry but I understand that this hurts. I understand that this will hurt forever but I don't want you to carry this feeling alone. You have me. Share your feelings with me. I'll be here always,' he pauses as he kisses your lips, 'We can always try again,'

You smiled bitterly, 'I love you.'

'I love you too..'

++

Well there that was. I think miscarriage is such a heavy topic and i didn't know if i could execute out the medical information accurately in this. With that being said, i know people who have went through miscarriage and its not pretty. I pray whoever that has to go through these things find peace and find strength.

With that being said, my wifi is down but i'll try to see what i can do ayy.

Thank you for 800+ reads, my heart is soft and i love all of you.

If you have a request just send me a message, i'll see you guys sooon.