'Who Are You'

AJ made sure he barely made a sound as soon as he entered the house. He knew you were pissed off, judging by the amount of phone calls and text messages you had left. But he didn't have a choice, it was part of his job.

Just as he was about to head to the kitchen, he heard you clear your throat from the stairs.

'Hey,' AJ mumbled, acknowledging your presence but not saying much. He knew it was just a matter of time before you exploded in anger, this was an all too familiar scene unfolding right before his eyes.

'Where were you,' you spoke up, each word carrying a tone of anger. You weren't mad AJ had to stay back to do extra work, you were mad he had not bothered to tell you. What drove you furious was the fact that he had promised to come back earlier to spend some time together but just like usual, he cancelled.

AJ placed the cup down with much more force than usual, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he turns to look at you.

'I was held back at work, I'm sorry. Now will you please just go to bed, you're making a big deal out of nothing,' AJ said, trying with all his might to remain patient and calm.

You scoffed and laughed, 'Me? Making a big deal out of nothing? I was up all night waiting for you do you know that? You promised me,'

'Well, this is my job. Its what I do. You've been with me for three years don't be unreasonable. Without this job you wont be able to survive,' AJ yelled.

The house fell into silence. You've always felt like a free loader being with AJ and he knew that. Whatever he had said hit a sore spot.

'I can't fucking believe you,' you muttered as you ran to get your car keys.

'Wait Y/N,' AJ managed to grab a hold of your arm, but you only pulled it away. He didn't deserve to touch you.

You got in the car and you drove off. Not knowing any specific place where you want to be or who to turn to. Your mind was racing and your hands were gripping the steering wheel so hard your knuckles were turning white.

Before you realise it, a truck was speeding right towards you and the world faded to darkness.

*AJ'S POV*

I slumped down on the sofa, my heart aching. I shouldn't have said whatever that I did. It was insensitive of me.

My eyes glanced to the clock and I began to feel worried. Where was Y/N heading? Does she have anybody that she's seeing?

I was immediately jolted back to reality when the phone began ringing.

'Hello?' I answered.

'Is this Mr AJ Mclean?'

'Uh yes, yes this is,'

**fast forward two hours later**

AJ ran as fast as he can, speeding through doors rushing to get to you. The call from the hospital not only catching him off guard but also hurting him. This was his fault. All his fault.

He finally entered your room and there you were. Thankfully you were awake.

'Oh gosh baby,' he came up to you and hugged you, rubbing your back and kissing your cheeks repeatedly, 'I'm so glad you're safe. I'm so so glad,'

But some thing was off, as soon as AJ stepped into the room, he had not realised Y/N wasn't smiling, instead Y/N only looked at him. Inspecting his features and his personality.

The next three words, will forever be etched into AJ's mind.

'Who are you?'

You were there but it felt like he had lost you.

+++

I might do a part 2 for this if i have inspiration, BUT before anything i just want to thank all of you for 100+ reads. When i started writing stories and imagines i never thought people will actually read it but i'm so thankful there are!! I appreciate all the kindness truly!!!

Have a good day! x