'Somebody Else'

The line beeps, signalling Howie to leave a message but he just couldn't do it. The words got stuck in his mouth. His heart was beating so fast and hammering on his chest so hard it was hard for him to even hear himself. In a moment of weakness, he hung up, ashamed that he had hope you would pick up.

He had hurt you, why would you still care?

On the other side of the world, you slumped against the wall when you see the missed call notification. You had let it ring and ring without picking up, Howie does not deserve your forgiveness, even when every bit of your heart is aching and wishing to be with him.

You deserve better, even if it meant walking away from the one person that means the world to you.

7 months later

'So tell me about your first love,' your date smiles, probing you with questions.

'First love,' you began, trailing off, 'I had no idea he was my first love but I think its the way he makes me feel without using words, the look in his eyes whenever he observed me. He was romantic but in his own subtle little ways. When we broke up, it was difficult. He was like grass you know?' You paused, as your date intently listens giving you a meaningful look.

'Just like grass. No matter how hard I tried to trample on the memories he gave me and the thought of him, he was still there. To completely forget him, I had to take so many other factors into consideration. But just like grass, the memories don't die out so easily. I wish it was different.'

Your date was glad you had opened up to him, 'Thank you for telling me. I'll be here always, and I'll help you. We'll handle the whole grass situation. Together.'

But you had not realised the man standing outside the cafe. The look of sadness and torment evident when he noticed you were on a date. He had been there for 5 minutes, at first not really believing it was you and having the need to make a double take. But it is in fact you.

You've changed since the last time he saw you but that was the least bit of his concern. Its you with another man that got his heart breaking.

'Hey man we gotta go,' Kevin pats his back, gesturing for them to leave.

Howie looks away, tears brimming his eyes, mumbling, 'She's found somebody else.'

++

Thank you so so so much for 2k++ I truly appreciate it so so much and am so thankful for all the reads and votes!

Anyways this was a quick and short chapter for my man Howie because I've been so caught up with personals and nobody asked for Howie. We got to give some love to our man.

Updates have been slow and I post like once a week but I don't really know how to space out between the updates to ensure that i am not posting too much if it makes sense? Maybe i should post a new chapter after the previous chapter gets 20 reads? Agh we'll see how that goes.

I have a Nick personal coming up after this. Hope yall have a lovely day.