Starbucks Lovers. (Gerard Way x Reader)

Sheet music in one hand and a Starbucks flat white in the other, you hastily made your way to your 9am music class. Preoccupied by trying to remove your earphones and tuck it into your pocket along with your cell, you rounded the corner of the music block and collided with someone, causing your coffee to spill down the front of their black tee.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and... ugh," shaking your head in disbelief at your idiocy, you brought the hand which had previously held your coffee up to the stranger's chest and began rubbing the fabric vigorously. "Here, I think it's drying."

"You might be making it worse, actually," came their reply.

Halting your actions, you lifted your head to look at them for the first time and...

"Wow, leave it to me to spill coffee all over my idol," you whispered under your breath. But it clearly wasn't as quietly as you'd thought since Gerard let out a chuckle.

"Always a pleasure to meet a fan," he spoke with a smile, "even if they spill hot beverages on me. Nice shirt, by the way."

You blushed and simultaneously cringed when he pointed out your old MCR shirt. If you had known that you would've been bumping into Gerard Way, you would've put a little more effort into your appearance.

"We haven't been properly introduced," Gerard continued, extending his hand for you to shake, "I'm Gerard."

"I'm (Y/N)," you shook his hand, "Annnd, I'm also leaving before I can embarrass myself further."

Giving Gerard a short wave, you practically sprinted to your class, which you were now 10 minutes late for. Luckily, the universe had decided to cut you some slack for once in your life by making your teacher even later than you. He had arrived another 10 minutes later, by which time you had already filled your friends in on your encounter with Gerard ("What the hell, (Y/N)?! How could you just run off like that?! I would've kidnapped him." "How did you even manage to say two words to him without passing out? Oh my god, I would've died." "What was he even doing on campus?") You mulled over your friend's question in your head, trying to figure out why the hell Gerard had been there but your thoughts were interrupted when Mr. Hess began to address the class.

"So we all know that your assessments are coming up soon and since this semester's theme is Rock 'n Roll, I thought it would be a good idea to bring in an actual rockstar," Mr. Hess stated.

The energy is the class seemed to magnify by a million times its usual level and excited murmurs were emerging from virtually everyone's mouths.

Mr. Hess held up one hand to silence everyone.

"As I was saying, this person will act as a mentor towards you all, working with each of you individually to make sure this set of performances will be your best ones yet. He's very graciously agreed to do me this favour and I know that I can rely on you guys to treat him with the utmost respect and hospitality that he deserves. So, without any further ado, please welcome the legend himself," he strolled towards the classroom door; opening it, he extended one of his hands to invite his guest inside, "Mr. Gerard Way, everyone.

-

One month had passed since the morning Mr. Hess had introduced Gerard as the class' mentor. Naturally, Gerard's time had been fully booked from the beginning, and while the two of you had had a few conversations here and there, you hadn't been able to snag a mentoring session with him just yet, let alone satisfy your craving to get to know him as more than just a mentor. You've always admired and looked-up to Gerard not just as a musician, but as a normal person too. Being this close to him and not being able to just sit down with him and talk for hours killed you, but there wasn't much you could do about it.

Your best friend had formulated this crazy idea that Gerard had a crush on you and wouldn't stop bringing it up whenever she had the opportunity. You tried to tell her how crazy she was, but she was adamant in her theory. While the thought of dating Gerard was incredible, you knew that it was very unlikely. Not that (Y/B/F) cared, however.

"He's staring at you, you know," your best friend remarked while scribbling down song choices for the assessment.

"He is not," you replied, unfazed by her attempt to get you to look up from the stacks of sheet music sprawled across the desk you two were currently occupying.

"Uh, yeah, he is. Look," she urged, nudging your arm with hers.

You turned around and sure enough, Gerard was looking at you. He averted his gaze almost immediately, suddenly becoming very interested in the keys on the piano he was leaning against.

(Y/B/F) gave you a look that screamed 'I told you so'.

"That doesn't mean anything," you shrugged, returning your focus to your music.

"Oh, really?"

"Really."

"Then why is he coming over here?"

"What?" you snapped your head up just in time to see Gerard sit down next to you.

"Uh, hey, (Y/N)," Gerard cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Hi, Gerard."

"I was wondering if you'd want to be my next mentee. I've finished with most of the class and you're one of the few who are left."

"Yeah, sure. I would've come to you sooner but you were pretty in-demand," you chuckled, "Everyone was so eager to get to you before you grew tired of mentoring a bunch of misfits."

He let out a beautiful laugh.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that. I love doing this. Gives me a chance to work with raw talent. Build them up, ya know? Besides," he gestured to himself, "I'm a bit of a misfit too."

"I'm sure you are," you responded, twirling your pen in your fingers, "When and where do you wanna meet for our first session?"

"Um, the Starbucks ten blocks down on Friday?"

"Perfect."

"Great, see you then," he smiled and rose from his seat, walking over to discuss something with Mr. Hess.

Your best friend slid up right next to you.

"You've got a date with Gerard Way."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x