*Halloween* Patrick's Sweater. (Patrick Stump x Reader)

════════════════

Request: @StuckIn2013: 'Sweaters with Patrick Stump'

Prompt 17: Sweaters

════════════════

Patrick's sweater.

Navy blue, tremendously oversized, a tiny bit worn and frayed at the sleeves; it was more comforting than anything in the universe to you.

You loved wearing it. When the soft wool caressed your skin as you sunk into it, it felt as if you were being hugged by Patrick himself, and you absolutely adored it.

Patrick loved the sweater too – in fact, it was his favourite one – and usually, he wore it all throughout the Halloween-Christmas season. But now that the two of you were dating, and you had fallen in love with the piece of clothing just as he had, he would (quite reluctantly) leave his sweater at your place for you to wear whenever he was away – just so that you could have a metaphorical piece of him to hold on to until his physical form could take over.

Like now, for instance.

Fall Out Boy was currently on tour, which meant that you were at home, huddled on the sofa in Patrick's sweater. One of your arms were propped up on the armrest, holding up your head as your droopy eyes tried its hardest to stay focused on whatever show was on TV. Your puppy came bounding into the room and jumped up into your lap, and you let out a yawn before giving him a cuddle and readjusting so that the both of you could be comfortable. The playful pup nipped at the sleeves of the sweater, and you lightly swatted him away. Your pet was just as crazy over Patrick as you were, so you were certain that you weren't the only one who loved the item of clothing for the lingering scent it held.

"Nooooo," you whined, frowning as you once again swatted the hyper animal away. "I know you miss him. I do too, but ruining his clothes is not gonna help."

He let out a whine rather similar to your own, and after a few more nips, he settled down and fell asleep in your lap. Giggling softly, you scratched the top of his head before dozing off too.

~

The unwanted sound of your alarm woke you up the next morning, causing your pup to whine at the piercing sound. You stretched your arm out to the side of the bed, stroking his fur and mumbling an apology while your other hand killed the horrible noise. You zombied out of bed and towards the bathroom, rubbing your eyes in an attempt to wake up a bit more. Turning the tap on, you removed Patrick's sweater, leaving you in just your underwear; you walked back into the bedroom and put the sweater on the dresser, where you normally leave it until you return home and slip into its comfort again.

After finishing your morning routine (get dressed for work, have breakfast, feed the dog), you grabbed your coat from the hook next to the front door and slinked into its confines, grabbing your purse and keys.

"Okay," you said to the pup as you adjusted the collar of your shirt over your coat, "Be good. Mommy will be home soon. Love you."

You bent down to ruffle his fur, smiling when he wagged his tail in appreciation. Making sure you had everything you needed, you headed out the door, blowing a kiss at the animal in one last 'see you later'.

~

The workday was disappointingly uneventful. The only noteworthy thing was the new coffee machine they had installed in the break room; you practically squealed with joy at the sight of them. The previous machine had broken months ago, and you'd been living off of the crappy instant coffee they'd given as a replacement, which had no soothing effect on that caffeine itch of yours. So yeah, the new instalment was pretty darn amazing. But other than that, your day was pretty boring.