Oh, Those Summer Nights. (Part 5) (Brendon Urie x Reader)

════════════════

Note: Hi, my loves. For those of you who haven't noticed, I published a new book titled 'My Writing Corner' – basically, it's a peek into my writing process. As for the content, these are some of the things that I will be posting:

1) Ideas I have for new fics so that you can give me your thoughts on them.

2) Sneak-peeks and previews of unpublished/upcoming fics.

3) Pictures/snapshots surrounding my writing.

4) Updates on the status of certain fics.

5) A chapter dedicated to you guys, where you can post your feedback and/or ideas or anything else you'd like to share with me.

So, yeah. Go and check it out if you haven't already. There's not much posted at the moment, but I will update it regularly.

And now that the self-promo is done, time to get to the series that everyone hates me for writing! :)

════════════════

Other than a few slack pecks here and there, nothing more happened after you and Josh shared that kiss in his bunk. With a content sigh, you had snuggled into his sturdy chest as the caresses of his hand and his steady heartbeat gently lulled you to sleep.

He wasn't there when you woke up the next morning – but it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. Tyler and Josh were early risers, especially on tour, where they had loads of things to cram into one day. This morning, they were sitting in the lounge section of the bus, having a mini-jam session.

You could tell that they were trying to keep the music at a low volume so as not to wake you, and a small smile crept onto your face as Tyler hissed at Josh when he accidently drummed too loudly.

Stretching out your stiff body as best you could while cramped in the restrictive space of the bunk, you yawned silently. You pulled back the burgundy-coloured curtain and swung your legs over the edge of the bunk before hopping down. The dull thud of your feet hitting the floor caught the attention of both guys, who looked up from their instruments and gave you lazy grins.

"Sorry if we woke you," Tyler apologised, cocking his head in the direction of a nearby pull-out table, where a Starbucks coffee cup was waiting for you. "I told Josh he was being too loud," he cast an accusatory glance at his friend, who tossed you a remorseful look.

"It's alright," you chuckled lightly, moving to grab the coffee they had gotten for you and taking a slug from it. "You didn't disturb me. I had a really good night's rest," you added, tucking your hair behind your ear and looking down at the cup in your hand. You raised your gaze slightly and looked at Josh through your eyelashes. The two of you shared a knowing smile.