Roller Cowards. (Ray Toro x Reader)

════════════════

Note: This was requested by @thetrashyeestemo . I know that this isn't my best work; forgive me. x

════════════════

════════════════

"There it is, (Y/N)," Ray said in awe as he gawked at the 200 feet steel structure.

You gulped and squeezed Ray's hand a little tighter as your eyes travelled up the tracks. "Y-yeah," you stammered, "There it is."

Ray tore his gaze away from the roller coaster and turned to look at you. "Hey, we don't have to go on it if you don't want to," he reminded you.

"No," you shook your head and took a deep, calming breath, "I have to. It's about high time I face my fear."

"Are you sure?" your boyfriend question sceptically, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. I'm sure. But..." you bit your lip as you looked behind Ray at the monster that awaited you. "Could we maybe do it last? Like, I want to enjoy the rest of Sea World before I march to my inevitable death."

"Of course," he smiled at you, "What do you wanna do first, then?"

You tapped your chin thoughtfully for a while before exclaiming in excitement. "Oh! Can we go and see the penguins?!"

Ray giggled at your childlike enthusiasm while you rocked back and forth on your heels expectantly. "Sure we can, baby," he smiled at you, as your grin grew wider. His expression turned to one of worry soon after. "But, you do know that we have to walk past the sharks to get to the penguins, right?"

"What?" you yelled in fear. "But the sharks will break the glass or something. They're scary."

"I'm beginning to think that coming here wasn't a very good idea." Ray nervously chewed the inside of his cheek. "You're afraid of nearly everything in the entire park!"

"Am not!" you protested in shock.

"Then you're fine with going on the Manta?"

"No way in hell!"

"My point exactly," he sighed, ruffling his afro before offering you a small smile. "Do you just wanna leave? We can go bowling or see a movie or something."

"No, we're not going anywhere," you huffed stubbornly, folding your arms. "I am doing this. I am going to get over my fears."

"Okay, then let's go."

~

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Ray sighed in frustration, trying to drag you into the cave. "Nothing will happen. Come on, let's go."

You wouldn't budge, insisting on planting yourself firmly on the ground.

"(Y/N)..."

"Raymond..."