Vanilla. (Josh Dun x Reader)

"I really like tacos. Like, a lot. But I like you more than tacos. Is that okay? Because tacos are really amazing, so if I like you more than tacos, that's a lot. And-"

"I like you more than tacos, too. But I'm never letting you drink again," you said, one hand holding a tight grip around your very drunk best friend's waist to prevent him from falling over while the other rummaged through his jean pocket for his house keys.

When your fingers slid into his pocket, Josh immediately let out a horrified gasp and attempted to swat your hand away.

"(Y/N), no! That's for after we're married, silly."

"Relax, Josh," you giggled slightly at his reaction, "I'm just looking for your keys; I'm not trying to sleep with you."

"Oh, okay. Then you can scratch in my pockets all you want," he beamed at you.

Shaking your head and smiling to yourself, your fingers searched for the keys once more, Josh humming softly while you did so. Eventually, your fingers came into contact with cool metal and you retracted your hand so that you could unlock the door; struggling to support Josh as you did.

Opening the door and flipping the light switch, you half dragged Josh into the house. As soon as he was inside, however, it was as if he regained all sense of balance, resulting in him sprinting up the stairs to his bedroom, giggling like a little girl all the while. Letting out a deep sigh, you trudged your way upstairs, mentally cursing Brendon for bombarding Josh with alcohol.

Walking into the room without knocking first was the worst thing you could've done at this point, because as you did, Josh let out a high-pitched scream, causing you to stumble back a bit in shock as he attempted to cover his bare chest with a pillow.

"(Y/N), I'm not wearing a shirt! You can't see me like this!"

"Josh, you let thousands of people see you without a shirt on virtually every night," you said tiredly, rolling your eyes and running a hand through your hair.

"Oh, yeah. I do do that," he giggled again.

"Okay, my love. You need to get to bed."

You took him by the hand and led him to the bed, pulling the covers back before gently pushing him onto the mattress.

"(Y/N)?" he whispered, looking at you through his eyelashes.

"Mm?"

He extended his arms towards you. "Can you cuddle me?"

"You want me to cuddle you?"

He nodded eagerly in response.

"Okay, Josh."

He smiled happily and pulled back the covers so that you could climb in next to him. As soon as you lied down, his colourful arms snaked around your body, pulling you closer as he nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck.

"You smell like vanilla," he mumbled.

"Yeah."

"I like vanilla. It's so... vanilla-like."

"Goodnight, Joshua."

~

Flipping the last pancake onto the serving plate, you began setting the table for you and Josh to have breakfast. Pouring two mugs of coffee, you looked up just in time to see Josh walk into the kitchen, looking like a train wreck.

He looked like hell as he made his way over to you, rubbing his eyes and groaning.

"Morning, sunshine," you beamed cheerfully, causing him to flinch and cover his ears with his hands.