*Halloween* Addiction. (Gerard Way x Reader)

════════════════

Request: a user on Tumblr: 'A mix of 17 and 18 with Gerard? Please and thank you'

Prompt 17: Sweaters

Prompt 18: Bonfire

════════════════

You hummed happily as you entered your house, a bagful of comfy sweaters dangling from your right hand. This time of year was your favourite for two reasons. One, it was Halloween. Who didn't love Halloween? And two, it was 'gigantic sweater' season. Sweaters were incredible. They were so soft, and consoling, and just overall lovely. Your sweater collection had its own special section in your closet, and it grew steadily bigger each year. If it wasn't obvious enough, you really loved sweaters.

Your boyfriend wasn't too keen on them, though.

In fact, Gerard wasn't too keen on anything that wasn't black, tight, or made of leather. So, naturally, he hated sweater season. Mainly because, every single year, you tried to convince him to wear one of those horrid things, and this year wouldn't be any different.

You placed the bag on the sofa and began taking your new babies out of the bag as Gerard made his way downstairs. As soon as he saw you, with your eyes becoming crazy like they always did at this time of year and hands clutching the ugly piece of clothing, his eyes became wide with fear and he turned around as fast as he could manage, practically running back upstairs. He wasn't fast enough, and you caught him in your peripheral vision, making your face light up even more.

"Gee!" you exclaimed elatedly, and your boyfriend shut his eyes tightly, groaning softly before he reluctantly turned around. "Look it! I got five new ones! Aren't they pretty?" You held up the pale pink one you had in your hands, showing it off to your boyfriend, who nodded grimly. "And they're so soft!" You buried your face in the material before extending it towards Gerard. "Gerard, try it on!"

"No," he said in disgust, "I don't wear sweaters. Ew."

"But it's so soft!"

"No."

"Yes." You advanced on him, lifting the sweater up and trying to put it over his head.

"(Y/N), don't you dare put that thing on m-OH MY GOD SO SOFT."

~

"Gerard?" you cautiously pushed open the door to his studio room, peeking inside.

"Yes, my love?"

"It's been a week since you tried on that sweater."

"Yes, my love."

"And you haven't taken it off since."

Gerard dramatically spun around in his swivel chair, exposing his pale pink sweater-clad body. It's true; once you put that piece of material over his cute little head, it was game over. He refused to take it off. That poor little sweater had endured so much over the past week; the various stains spotted along its front were proof of that. You'd tried everyday to convince Gerard to take it off, just for a little while, so that you could wash it. But every time you tried, he'd just say...

"But it's so soft!"

You massaged your temples in frustration and crossed over to him. "Baby," you tugged at the sweater with your index and middle finger and pulled a disgusted face, "this is filthy. It needs to be washed."