Say You Won't Let Go. (Josh Dun x Reader)

Listen to the above song while reading.

I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though
I was enough

We danced the night away
We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Josh tentatively gathered your hair in one of his hands and held the locks away from your face as you continued retching into the toilet bowl.

"And this," you croaked, groaning as you lifted your head up, "is why I never drink." You chuckled softly before turning to give Josh a grateful smile. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," he returned your smile, reaching to his side to grab a towel and gently wiping your face with it.

You hummed appreciatively before asking for some mouthwash, which he readily passed to you. You swished the blue liquid around in your mouth and spat it out into the bowl.

With another wipe of the towel across your mouth, you attempted to stand up. Sadly, being drunk means increasingly terrible equilibrium, and your knees buckled underneath you.

Josh caught you before you could hit the ground, and he pulled you into his chest as he whispered soothing things to you.

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told you
I think that you should get some rest

"Josh?"

"Mhm?"

"Will you stay with me? I could put on a movie or something," you invited, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

Your request made his heart flutter, but he shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea," he countered, "You should go to bed."

"Mkay," you conceded with a tilt of your head, "But will you at least stay with me until I fall asleep?"

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I knew I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old

Just say you won't let go

"Of course."

~

I'll wake you up with some
Breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee
With a kiss on your head

"Rise and shine, beautiful," Josh cooed as he rubbed your arm, trying to rouse you from your sleep.

It worked, and your heavy eyelids slowly opened. You groaned; you felt like you'd been run over by a freight train, and the overly joyful rays of sunshine streaming through your bedroom curtains weren't helping soothe the thumping pain in your head, either.

"I made you some breakfast," he said, picking up the plate of bacon on bread and bowl of fruit salad and setting it down on the bedside table. "And coffee too."

You outstretched a lame arm towards him, hastily taking the cup from his grasp. He gave a small smile and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

You lifted your head up, a silent way of asking for a kiss on your lips, which he happily gave to you.

"You're such a great boyfriend," you mumbled against his lips, earning a smile from him. "What'd I do to deserve you?"

With a snigger, Josh climbed into the bed next to you, grabbing a few blueberries from the bowl and popping some into both of your mouths.

"I think I should be the one asking that question." He brought one hand to your face to stroke your cheek, and you leaned into it as he gazed lovingly into you eyes. "You're so beautiful. It never ceases to amaze me just how beautiful you are."

And you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that every day you get better
You make me feel this way somehow

"Stop," you whined, turning away as you began blushing. He giggled.

"I mean it," he maintained, raising his brows as he shifted closer to you, "You're breath-taking."

"You're not too bad yourself," you teased, huddling into his chest and sighing in content. "I could stay with you like this forever."

"Me too, beautiful."

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far, my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old

Just say you won't let go

~

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me
When I needed you most

"Do you remember that night of the GRAMMYs? When you drank too much and-"

"Threw up for fifteen minutes straight?" you finished for him, raising one eyebrow in amusement. "Yeah, I remember."

"That was the night that I knew I was in love with you," he said, making your heart flutter. "And the night that I knew I was gonna marry you."

"Well," you breathed, not at all able to stop the huge grin forming on your face, "Congratulations, Mr Dun." You tightened your grip on his suit jacket ever so slightly, and he moved his hands around the waist of your exquisite wedding dress. "Looks like you got what you wanted."

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise 'til death we part
Like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you
Now everybody knows
That it's just you and me
Until we're grey and old

Just say you won't let go
Oh, just say you won't let go

"I truly did, Mrs Dun."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x