on the 1st day of 🎄, ohfrxnkie gave to you...

Midnight hot chocolate with twentyonepilots.

Josh:

A frown etched itself onto your face as you opened the pantry, noticing the lack of hot chocolate powder on the shelves.

"Baby?" you called out to your boyfriend, who was currently occupying the sofa, slipping in and out of sleep.

"Yeah, beautiful?" he replied groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"We're out of hot chocolate. Can you run down to the store and get some?"

"(Y/N), it's almost midnight. Do you really need it now?"

"Josh, it's Christmas. Are you really asking me that question?"

Heaving a sigh, Josh reluctantly pulled himself from the comfort of the sofa and made his way to the front door. As he gathered all his things and slipped a jacket on, you smiled at him.

"I love you."

He couldn't stop the smile that crept onto his face. Walking over to you, he chastely kissed your lips.

"I love you too."

~

While Josh was at the store, you decided to take a quick shower; he was already back and busy preparing the drinks when you made your way downstairs after you'd finished.

Upon approaching the counter he was standing behind, you noticed that the liquid in the mugs was white in colour, and you cocked your head to the side in confusion.

"Uh, Josh? You're not supposed to put the milk in first. And... definitely not that much."

"Yeah, I know," he chuckled, knocking the spoon against the mug to get rid of the excess liquid before dropping it into the sink. "But this isn't regular hot chocolate. It's white hot chocolate. I saw it next to the one you normally buy and I figured we'd try it out."

You stared at the man in front of you in silence. You stood like that for so long, in fact, that the huge smile on Josh's face began to falter and he cleared his throat as he shifted uncomfortably under your intense gaze.

"...(Y/N)?"

"Why?" you whispered, glaring angrily at the pale liquid that dared to occupy your favourite mug. "Why would you do that?"

"W-what? I just thought-"

"Well, you thought wrong. White hot chocolate is an abomination, and I can't believe that you dared to bring it into our home."

Josh tried to supress the clear amusement he was feeling at your dramatic outburst, but a few giggles slipped out, and you shot daggers at him when you heard them.

"You think this is funny?" He hastily shook his head no. "You better not. Because thanks to you, I'm about to kill a 16 year old tradition of 'Midnight Hot Chocolate'. Notice how it's 'Midnight Hot Chocolate' and not 'Midnight White Hot Chocolate'."

"To be fair," he held up a finger, "it doesn't specify."

"You'd think that watching me do it every Christmas for the past three years would be specification enough but nooooo..." you mocked, moving a hand to reluctantly pick up the mug of steaming chocolate.

"Well, I'm sorry, okay," he smirked, holding up his hands. "But this is all I bought and I know you're not about to give up your tradition just because the chocolate is a different flavour."

"I hate you," you growled as you tentatively raised the mug to your lips and took a small sip.

Josh chuckled as he watched you sip the drink. "And? How does it taste?"