Eleven

'Changed your mind?,' Alpha Marcus asks chewing and not looking up at his older brother.

'Don't tempt me little brother,' Luke says angry looking up at his brother grabbing my hand tight.

'Apparently the Moon gave you the right mate,' the Alpha says with a grin.

'Apparently the Moon gave you the wrong one,' Luke answers and they both get up. If it wasn't for their mother getting up and warning them they would start fighting I just know it.

Luke grabs my hand again, but this time it feels like his anger is causing him to almost break my hand. I bite on my teeth and go close to him. 'You're hurting me.' He loses grib on my hand and then does the unpredictable. He brings my hand to his lips and kisses is softly. Tingles make their way through my hole body and I can't really think straight. I think about all the other places he can put those lips of his. I make sure I down moan, because that would be way too embarrassing.

I can't help but think about what Luke said though. Nala said that Romy was the perfect mate of Alpha Marcus. So why would does Luke think the Moon gave his brother the wrong one?

He rest of the dinner is tense and not fun at all.

After dinner Luke takes me to go for a walk. We walk out of the packhouse and end up in the garden. I take a deep breath. I love being outside in the fresh air. If my wolf was here we would go for a run, but she is nowhere to be found causing me to shiver.

'Are you cold?,' he asks a bit shocked. It is weird for a wolf to be cold. When a wolf is cold it can only mean one out of two things. Either you're sick or you are dying, but with me it is because she is lost. Gone.

'Yeah, ever since my wolf is lost I feel cold all the time,' I tell him. He smiles small and puts his arms around me letting his heat keep me warm as he looks at me.

'You are so utterly beautiful,' he kind of whispers as if it is a secret. He wants to kiss my lips again, but I turn my face and he just kisses my cheek instead. I know he is angry, but something tells me he is too exhausted to respond. 'Let's go to bed.'

Before I can answer him and tell him I would really want to stay a little while longer, he lifts me up and carries me inside. I don't hate this feeling either. It might be even better than a nice breeze. His heat keeps me warm. He opens the room where he used to sleep in and I smile. It's so teenager like with blue walls and poster in the wall. It is nice. He puts me on the ground and opens the suitcase. I walk over to the bed and wait for him to change in the bathroom.

I smile before my eyes get heavy and without my consent the darkness takes a hold of me.

***

He walked towards me with pure lust and anger.
He grabbed me tight and smelled my neck.

'I have to go, but I will come back for you,' he told me.

'When?,' I asked trying not to cry. He hated it when I cried.

'Soon... I promise.'

He walked away and he never came back. I waited days, weeks, months, one and a half years, but I didn't hear anything from him. He promised, but he never came for me.

'Soon... I promise.'

***

I wake up in shock and sit up. Luke opens his eyes and looks at me. He rubs my back. 'Are you okay?'

'Yeah, just a bad dream,' I tell him trying not to cry.

I lay back down, but this time on my side facing away from him. How did I end up in my PJs anyway? I am too tired to care. I don't care if he changed me, at least not right now.