Fifteen

I look at myself in the mirror and smile to see my pink-purple eyes. They look different, amazing, but I don't feel different.
He wraps his arms around my waist and rest his head on my shoulder. He smells the place where he will mark me someday and closes his eyes.

'You smell amazing. I am so happy you are back,' he tells me. He turns me around and hugs me tight. 'I will hold your hand every step of the way.'

I take a deep breath and let him guide me out of the bedroom and down the stairs. We walk out of the packhouse and get into his car. With one hand he drives and with the other he holds my hand not planning to let it go any time soon. I stare out of the car window and feel so empty and alone. My best friend is just gone, just like that.

He stops the car and I see the others standing by a grave. The black coffin next to the hole. And my favorite weapon in a heap of sand. I stiffen and he pulls me on his lap. He kisses my neck softly and I chuckle a bit.

'I know what it feels like when someone kills someone you love. Rogues killed my father in front of my own eyes. I was about thirteen. I didn't know what to do. The responsibility I had to carry afterwards was way too heavy. I became Alpha at that age. Then my uncle wanted my little brother to become Alpha of his pack, but I knew Marcus was clingy and loved mom too much, so I told him I would leave. It was hard leaving everyone behind, but soon Theo became my beta and Nala was his mate. The family I had there made everything a bit easier. You have them, us, you have me. We are here for you. Everyone loses family and friends, but we that remain need to stick together and make it through. I will help you find your father and I will make sure you are the one to take his life unless you say otherwise.'

I look at him and smile a bit before he opens the door and helps me out. Not for a second he loses my hand, keeping his promise. We walk towards the others and the grave. An elder reads something out of a book and after they all look at me. I am the only one who knew her and therefore the only one who can say something.

'Mona Tiana Pauline Fort, that was her full name. Born on the Seventh of May. She was my first real friend. She would do the craziest stuff. One time she shifted her hands and her face to scare a human boy that was always bullying me, then she would steal food and blame it on anyone else. For some reason they always believed her. We would stand on the bridge, infront of a train and wait a bit until we would jump. We would dress up and sneak out of the house to go to human parties. She and... They made me feel alive. Like it was worth living.'

Tears fall on the ground as Luke tightens his grip on my hand.

'She was with me in the cell. When they came to rescue us, I ordered her to leave me behind and make sure no one knew I was alive, but my father has always been a great tracker. Besides he has alliances in every pack, I am sure of it. I guess he tortured her only to get to me. He sure gets his way. But still I can't hate him, not really. I want to kill him, because he deserves dead, but I want to kill him for them and not even for myself... I will miss you Mona, even though the last year we weren't that close anymore because of Kyle, but I will miss you. Where is Kyle anyway? Does he even know what happened to you?'

I hold her cold hand and suddenly a vision hits me.

'Hit her again, Kyle!'

Without hesitation Kyle let's the whip go down on his mate's body.

'She cheated on you with a human! Again and again! She claims she loves him, Kyle. Hit her! Show her who is the boss!'

Kyle hits his mate again and again and again and with every whip my own body flinches. Tears fall from my eyes. When I see Kyle and my father walk away leaving her to die.