Fourteen

'When you smile, I smile too. You can take away my pain with your smile. Spread out your wings and fly, my angel. Spread out your wings and fly away. Spread out your wings and fly my baby. Fly away from here,' her voice sounds as if it is a dream.

I try to open my eyes, but all I see is a bright light.

'Go back,' a unknown voice tells me. The voice sounds heavenly like one of an angel. 'Go back and fight. Fight for life. You aren't finished yet. Don't ask me to hold you here. Go back. You need to go back.'

A hand reaches out and touches my head. As if I am being shocked a few times I fall back into my body and i wake up drenched in sweat, eyes wide and breathing heavily.
I have a massive headache, but it's that smell that is so familiar and has me worried.

I look around and see that no one is here. He was here not long ago, because I can smell him. Maria must have been here too, since her smell I stronger.

I place my feet on the cold floor and a shiver goes through me. Holding myself up against the wall and the chairs I open the door as the scent gets deeper and deeper. I know who it is. I know this scent. I try to walk faster and faster thought the hall,but it's harder to walk after almost a month laying down than I thought. It must be almost a month. I kind of tried counting the times Luke left for whatever reason and then coming back after he promises he will.

The scent gets stronger and stronger as I reach the hall where the big front door is. I lean against the wall and take a deep breath before walking towards the door. I want to open the door, but I stop when I hear her voice calling out for help and I hear orders being yelled and warrior preparing to attack anything that moves. I open the door with one hit causing almost everyone to look my way.

'Angel!,' the girl yells. Luke runs to me and wants to bring me back inside, but I close my eyes and push him with all the power I have. It gets weird when he actually moved a bit by my push. I think it's because he is scared to do me any pain.

'Angel!,' she yells again and now that I am close, I am sure about her. It's her and her voice and by her heavy, broken breathing I know she is in a lot of pain. I make my way through the crowd with Luke and all the other behind me. As I come into the big circle where everyone is standing around, I try to stand still and on my feet. I am in pain, my head is killing me and it feels as if my eyes want to fall out of my head.

As soon as I see her I want to run towards her, but Luke grabs my waist and pulls me back.

Her hole body is drenched in blood.
She is whipped on every part of her back, worse than my father ever whipped me. Her hole shirt is thorn to pieces and her hole body is shaking. She looks at me with tears in her eyes as she looks at me full of fear.

'Did.... He... He do this to you?,' I ask, my eyes filling with tears to see my one and only friend I had out there like this.

She nods and crawls forward. I try to get out of Luke's grib, but he doesn't let me go.

'He knows you are alive... He is coming for you... He wants you dead,' she says falling on the ground with a loud growl of pain.

I try to mingle myself out of Luke's grib and when I succeed I run towards her. I sit on the ground placing her head on my thighs. I rub her hair and she closes her eyes letting me calm her down a bit. I can imagine the pain she is in. It is like I can feel her pain.

'Sleep Mona, sleep. The Moon goddess will take good care of you. I promise you... This day. I will... I will kill him myself. I will kill him myself, I promise you that. So just sleep. Sleep tight. Don't worry anymore.'

Her breathing becomes slower and slower and suddenly I can't feel her heartbeat anymore. I start to cry and then anger takes hold of me. I lay her head on the ground and start to scream with closed eyes. I scream out my anger, the hatred I didn't know was there. I start to sob loud when two strong arms are wrapped around me. The smell of mint and dew wraps around me. He carries me away into the packhouse, up the stairs as I scream for him to let me go.