Twenty-four

Slowly I open my eyes and pain goes through every inch of my body. I start to scream hard and loud and the door burst open. Maria injects me with a white something that eases down the pain.

His hands goes over my hair and he kisses my temple. He looks at my back and looks away.

'W-w-where i-is he?,' I try.

'Don't talk now,' he tells me and keeps calling me down with his touch. It helps a bit, but not as much as I wish it would.

'You should just tell her and get it over with,' Alpha Jim says standing by the door.

Soon enough the room is filled with Liam, Tiffany, Brandon and Marcus, but no Rosemary.

I try to get up, but Luke tells me to stop.

I start crying and they all try to calm me down.

'H-he t-took her as b-beat didn't he?'

Luke doesn't look at me and that tells me enough.

'I... am... t-tired of h-hiding.'

'Just rest now,' he says.

I listen to his words and close my eyes letting the pain take control of my actions and letting darkness consume every inch of my soul.

******

I open my eyes again and see Luke sleeping on the chair next to my bed, holding my hand. That is why I was feeling tinglings all over the place.

I like to look at him while he is sleeping. He seems so at peace and lovely. No anger, no rage, no bloodlust, just my sweet mate.

He frowns and slowly opens his eyes.

'Angel?,' he asks tiredly.

'Hey,' I say feeling like I am numb.

'How are you feeling?'

'How is my back?'

'You are almost healed.'

'How long was I out for?'

'Almost a week, but I gave you some of my blood to help you heal faster,' he says.

'How long until I can get up?'

'A day or two.'

'What did you do with Arthur?'

Luke growls and sighs after.

'We put him in the cellar, but we give him food. You might trust him, but in our eyes he is just a rogue.'

'Thank you for at least giving him food.'

'Don't thank me, thank Marcus. I would have let him starve.'

'Of course you would have,' I place my hand on his cheek. He smiles and comes forward pressing his lips gently against mine.

'I want to mark you so bad and take you again and again and again.'

'I know, but...'

'No buts... I don't care if your wolf is here or not. Who know when she will come back? I need you now more than ever. I need to know what you taste like, what you feel like. I will go insane if you keep this from me any longer.'

I smile weakly and he calms down.

I try to sit up, but that isn't a good idea.

'I will go bring you something to eat,' he says and he leaves. I sigh and just close my eyes and before I know it... I am asleep again.

******

This time when I wake up I can sit up with ease. Wolves tend to heal faster than humans and especially with Alpha blood in my system.