Twenty-eight

I sit on the front porch with a cup of hot tea in my hand and I just stare at the woods. Everyone is still asleep. Luke hasn't even noticed that I left early this morning. I have been sitting here for what?
Two hours at least and it's still dark out.

I still can't forget what happened a few days ago. I lost my first pup. And the fact that I most likely will never have one again, because I am going to die soon, makes me uneasy in ways.

The thought of me dying and Luke chosing someone else to be Luna.

The thought of me always being the cursed one, the one that never gets an happy ending and here I was thinking that I would live happily ever after. I guess some of us don't deserve it.

'Couldn't sleep?'

I don't turn around. I know who it is.

So I just shake my head. I am not in de mood to talk. He takes the seat next to mine and sigh deeply. He rubs his face with both of his hands en just takes a breather.

'Are you okay?,' I ask my eyes still wandering, looking for any movement in the woods. I have been doing this a lot lately. I wonder when he will attack. I wonder what his genius plan is this time.

But one thing is sure. He will die under my hands he next time we meet.

'No, I am not. My mate hates me and is drinking herself numb. She won't let me touch her even when she just lays there rolling in her own puke. My room smells like a graveyard. It's disgusting and I hate her. Lucky for her not as much as I hate myself.'

He sighs again and I smile weakly. I guess I am not the only one who wants to die today.

'How about you? I am so sorry you lost your baby.'

'I'm okay. It's just that...'

'What do we have here, Luke? Are they kissing again?,' Romy asks a bit angered.

I shake my head and just sit there. It is when she starts holding Luke's arm and rubs her scent on him that I get confused and angry.

'Romy, what are you doing?,' Marcus asks before I can.

'Why can he and I have a bit fun if you to are?'

She starts touching Luke's chest and he still doesn't do anything and it's making me pretty pissed. Why isn't he doing anything?

'Really Romy? You could expect that from me because I fucking hate you, by not from Angel.'

The three of us look at him in shock. She lets go of Luke as Marcus gets up and wanders towards the woods.

'Where are you going?,' Romy asks worried, her mate actions taking control.

'Away from you! I am sick of your bullshit. I couldn't love you, because you were always so stupidly jealous and naive. I have had enough of you puking all over the place. You are no Luna!'

With that said, he shifts and runs into the darkness of the woods.

'You okay? He didn't try anything did he?'

'No, he didn't and I am fine.'

The truth and a lie.

Luke walks towards me and I get up before he can reach me.

'Do you mind taking a shower first, Alpha? I can't believe you just stood there.'

'You just stood there too!'

'No I didn't! I hit him in the face as hard as I could and I ran. I ran from him and all the way towards you! You have no idea how hard that was for me!'