Twenty-three

I stand my ground and except my fate. Luke stands next to me now, his hands holding my hand tight, standing on my left. Alpha Jim takes the place on my right.

Arthur gets up wiping the blood from his face.

'I will fight by your side,' he tells me and I give him a nod for approval. I still want to know what made him turn rogue. He lost the battle for the Alpha title, but that doesn't mean he has to become rogue.

He was banned, but why?

Not that I will ever know.

I take one look back and am shocked by all the wolves standing behind me. Warriors, Brandon, Maria Liam, Tiffany, Marcus...

But then panic rises. I let Luke's hand go and take two steps to the front, tears waiting to fall again.

'No!,' I scream out in rage and fall to my knees.

'What is wrong?,' Luke asks.

'Rosemary,' is all I say.

A loud clap is heard in the sky and the ground begins to shake with every footsteps that is made.

I get up again with pure rage and pain in my eyes.

He won't take another life, not now, not ever!

'Bravo! Bravo!,' his voice sings and as his shadow appears in the woods coming closer my hole body shivers.

I take one more step forward.

'Let her go... Father,' I say the last word with so much disgust and hatred that it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. 'I won't let you take another life!'

I take a stand as he appears in the light. He seems bigger than before, stronger, more evil, like the devil himself.

'Think before you act, little girl. Don't you dare use that curse of yours on me. One, it won't work and two, it will be the end of your precious grandmama,' he says and I clench my teeth.

I can see Luke and the other eye him down, trying to figure out a way to take him down.

They can't...

Another make appears into light with Rosemary at knife point.

'You are the first to go down!,' I tell the male holding Rosemary so tight she can barely breathe. 'For Rosemary and for Mona,' I say.

By the mention of his mates name, he shivers and a sad glow comes over his face. He hates himself for what he did to her and I will make him suffer like she did. I don't care if it will make me the same as him and my father. They both will die at my hand.

'Oh how said. You know you can take the two of us, maybe, with all those blood thirsty wolves behind you,' my father starts.

All the angry, pissed off, pained wolves, who all lost someone dear to them because of this simple, angry, alpha like male before them, growls lowly causing the earth beneath our feet to shake.

'But you didn't think I would come alone did you? And I brought souvenirs,' my father says.

Out of the shadows in the woods. Rogues appear and in their hands they all hold guns. Guns that are placed against the heads of teenagers, small kids who all look at me in fear.

Mothers start crying out to the pups, their kids and the pups on their turn cry out to their parents. They are being tugged hard by their hair and i growl lowly. All this for what?

'Tell you what. Why don't we fight it out. Teeth to teeth, claw to claw, wolf to wolf. Just you and me. I win, we kill all these pups. You win, I let them go.'