Eighteen

He brings me inside of the pack house and up the stairs to his or our room. He tells Theo to make sure no one bothers us. He kind of pushes me into the bathroom without really saying a word. I guess he can't take one of his new warrior's smell on me and I don't blame him. I take a hot, steamy, full off soap shower and try to rub every other scent that isn't mine off of me.

It is when I get out of the shower that I can hear him curse loudly and growl, hitting the walls of the room. I shiver in fear and dry my hair.

'You better don't come near me little brother, because I will rip your fucking head off! Stay away from here and let everyone else stay away too. You know how much strength I am using right now, not to come and kill you this instant?'

I listen in shock as I realize that I didn't bring any underwear or cloths into the bathroom. I wrapped myself in my towel and slowly and fearfully walk towards the door. I open it slowly and peep out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. He is standing on the balcony, breathing heavy and uneasy. He is full of anger at the moment and it will be smart to just leave him alone.

I slowly make my way towards the walk-in closet when he suddenly pulls me towards him and I end up hard in his chest.

He looks me in the eyes, but I look away in shame. How could I have let something like that happen?

'Look at me,' he says lowly and somewhat without anger.

I look into his eyes and I am lost again. Like I always am when I look into his eyes. He is so damn delicious and  perfect. Is it even possible for anyone to be this damn perfect.

'I am not angry at you, I am angry at him. He told me the truth though. He didn't lie about it and as much as I want to kill him, I have to understand him or at least try. Something's is going on. Right now, I just want to comfort you, because you must have been in shock and you must be tired. We won't go back there in a long time. Let's both rest.'

I nod and make my way to our bed. I lay down and wait for the bed to dip in next to me, but it doesn't. Trying to fight my sleep I sit up only to fall back down and be consumed by darkness. This darkness is good though. It is refreshing and soft and welcoming.

***

Happily I danced home to "what's lovemgot to do with it". It was loud in my ears and went through my hole being. Who would thought that a song like that would mean something to a small girl like me.

When I got home it was quiet. Top quiet. I made my way to the livingroom only to find no one there. I went to the kitchen and no one was there. So I ran up the stairs and knocked on my their bedroom door, no answer. I walked to my room and just when I wanted to close the door my father appeared. He had this angry look on his face, but he was still smiling.

'Office,' he said and my hole body started to shiver. Office, only me at one thing... I did something wrong and I am going to pay for it.

I walked in afraid of what was to come.

'Who is Jasper?,' he asked.

'A friend from school,' it was the truth, but not the hole truth and he knew.

'Is there something you are not telling me?'

'He is a boy?'

'Anything else?'

'He is human?'

'Yes, that is it. Do you know how dangerous it is to have a human boy as your friend? Or any human for that matter! They can be hunters! They could try to kill us all.  Do you understand?'