Chapter Twenty Nine: Chen's pov

After told us why he did what he did, I felt like a jerk. I had been a complete jerk to him and so has everyone else, because of me. I felt so bad. I saw Arabelle get up and go to her room.

I watched her climb into bed and the only thing I wanted at that moment was her. She looked up at me with tire sad eyes and I realized that all she needed was sleep. I walked over to her and covered her up.

She slightly winced and I cupped her face in my hands. I kissed her on the forehead then put a hand on her stomach. I could feel a slightly damp spot on her stomach and concluded that her bandages needed to be changed.

"Do you want me to help you change your bandages?" I asked pushing the hair from her face. She nodded and I helped her sit up.

I slowly eased her shirt from her shoulders. I unwrapped her bandages and got the clean ones ready. I carefully removed the medical tape from her wounds. She winced painfully and out of instinct I gripped her thigh. She seemed to relax after I did this.

I took a towel and lightly cleaned her wound. She winced loudly after I wiped over a stitch.

"I'm sorry precious." I said before cupping her face in my hands once more. I could feel her sinking into my hands I did so.

After I let go of her incredibly adorable face, I rewrapped a new bandage around her waist. I helped her ease her shirt back over her shoulders and laid her back down. I covered her shoulders with her blanket and kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodnight." I said before turning out the lights and leaving the room.

As much as I wanted to kiss her lips in those moments, I didn't feel that it was the right time. I felt that being more sweet and caring would make her feel safer. I went and laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I woke up when Kai told me that everyone had arrived.

I looked at Arabelle's room where she lay asleep. I decided that I could leave her for a few moments to see my friends. I walked over to the next door apartment and greeted my friends. I had found out that they had gotten in late the night before, but didn't want to wake anyone up so left us be.

I then realized that Baekhyun and Sehun weren't in the room. I asked where they were just as Baekhyun came out of his room. His hair was a matted mess. It was sticking up in all directions and I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of what Sehun and him could have been doing.