Chapter Thirty Eight: Chen's pov

After the doctor told Arabelle that Sarah was fine now, Arabelle wouldn't move. I begged her to come home and get some rest. She told me she wouldn't move from her place. I tried to protest, but the look in her eyes was terrifying. I thought I'd lose her if I protested anymore.

"You know what? I'm sorry, I won't make you leave her." I said before grasping her face and kissing her on the forehead.

"Can I at least buy you something to eat?" I asked hoping she would say yes. She stood and smiled at me. She put a hand on my cheek and kissed me.

"Please." She said. I walked away to go get her some food. I got almost halfway to the door when I realized I had forgotten my phone. I turned around to see Arabelle talking to a nurse with a small girl.

The nurse said something before Arabelle's posture changed. Her body got stiff and tense. I could tell that whatever that nurse had said shocked her. She looked terrified. I quickly walked back over to her. I put my hand on her's and gripped it, but she didn't grip back.

"Arabelle? Precious?" I asked, but she was completely dazed. I turned and looked at the nurse.

"Nana, is this my fault? What happened to her?" The little girl asked. Before the nurse could answer I bent down and talked to the young girl.

"No lovely, she's just shocked. What's your name?" I asked trying to keep her worry down. She looked up at the nurse who nodded her head and walked over to Arabelle.

"Rennae. What's yours?" She asked.

"Chen. How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm eleven years old." She said smiling.

"Why is that girl so shocked? Does she know me?" She asked.

"I don't know love. How about we go find out." I said. I stood up and walked over to where the nurse and Arabelle had sat down. The nurse looked at me.

"She's in a trance of some sort. It's like she's asleep. I can't get her to snap out of it." The nurse said.

"I bet I can." I said before leaning down and kissing Arabelle. I felt her push her lips against mine and she came back.