Chapter Forty Two: Arabelle's pov

I woke to a scream. I lifted my head confused. I heard Rennae screaming, "Nanna?". I jumped up from my spot next to Sarah and ran out to the hallway. I looked around to see Chen holding Rennae on the floor and Chanyeol standing behind him. I ran down the hall and tried to see Linda, but the doctors held me back. I looked down at Chen and he shook his head.

I felt a wave of tears as I bent down and took Rennae from Chen's arms. I held her tight never wanting to let go. I opened my eyes and looked at Chen. His eyes were full of hurt and sympathy. Rennae pulled away from me as the wheeled Linda out of the room. She ran over to Linda and stroked her face and moved the her hair. I watched as Rennae pulled a necklace from Linda's neck and put it around her own.

"Don't worry Nanna. I will take care of it. I promise." She said with a new wave of tears forming. She took a step back from Linda's bed as they wheeled her to the back where the cars were.

"She said to the doctor who diagnosed her that when she died she wanted to be cremated. The ashes will go to Rennae." One of the doctors said to me. I nodded and walked over to Rennae.

"Why?" Rennae asked.

"I don't know. I'm sorry." I said pulling her into a hug." She wasn't crying though. She pulled away and looked at the locket she had in her hand. She opened it and looked at the pictures. I looked at the locket and saw an ultrasound.

"What's that?" I asked. Rennae looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Nanna wouldn't let me die in the womb because they killed her baby to save her. She told me that she couldn't let that happen again if she could help it." Rennae said closing the locket.

"And that we all will always thank her for." I said before pulling her into another hug and kissing the top of her head.

"Always." Chen said putting his hand on Rennae's back.