Chapter Thirty Six: Arabelle's pov

I was sitting in the hospital room with Sarah for only five minutes. It had only been twenty minutes since she collapsed. Her pulse was fine at the house. I did everything I knew how to do. I thought I did everything right.

I guess not because after five minutes of being at the hospital, her heart stopped. There were loud ringing sounds and beeps. There was a bunch of doctors that ran in and pulled me out. I looked at the heart monitor and saw the flat line. The world around me went blank.

I saw the flat line on the screen and all I could think was my parents. When my parents died, I watched both of their screens flat line one by one. First my mom then my dad. After they had pasted, the doctors told me that my mother had been carrying a child. The child didn't make it, or so I thought. The doctors removed my father, but not my mother and I always wondered why. They made me leave before I could ask why.

One of the nurses walked me over to a chair and tried to talk to me. I wasn't hearing her and she realized this.

"The baby is okay." She said snapping me into reality.

"What about Sarah?" I asked.

"We are doing what we can." She said making me cry. My best friend since 5th grade was in the hospital. Her heart had stopped and she was the only person I had.

"What's your name, Love?" The nurse asked.

"Arabelle Mason. May I ask why?" I asked.

"You just seem familiar." She said making me realize she did too.

"Wait, I know you. You were there when my parents died. You were the one who told me that I had a sibling." I said feeling a new wave of tears coming.

"I need to tell you something." She said making me worry.

"Not now. Please after Sarah wakes up." I said. She nodded her head and let me cry in peace. The reality hit me like a truck and I started crying even harder.

I saw Chanyeol come in and he tried asking me what happened. He pulled me into a hug and I tried talking into his chest.

"It stopped. Her heart. It stopped." Was the last thing I said before Chanyeol was completely lost. He wouldn't talk and he wouldn't listen. He sat in a daze.

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol!" I tried yelling. It was like he was in another world, but he wouldn't wake up. He wasn't asleep, but it was like he was stuck in his own mind.

"Chanyeol!" Chen said getting worried.

"Chen, he's shocked. He's not going to hear you." I said wrapping my hands around his face. Chen was panicking. I could see it in his eyes. His girlfriend and one of his best friends were losing it. I pulled myself together and calmed Chen down.

"Chennie, it's okay. Don't worry about him. He'll come out of it eventually." I said stroking the sides of his face. He wrapped his hands around my face as I let go of his. My hands trailed down his sides as he gripped my face. I felt the tears coming back as I lost it. He pulled my face into his chest as I cried.

I was losing myself. I was overwhelmed. Sarah, my mom, my dad, my sibling, Chanyeol. Everything was happening to fast and everything was coming back to fast. Chen wrapped his hands around my head as I cried into his chest.

A doctor came out and tapped my shoulder. I held myself together and faced him as he spoke.

"She is fine. She is suffering from a bad fever. We don't know what caused the heart attack, but she is fine now. We advise that she stay here for a while until her fever goes down." He said. I relaxed as he told me to stay out of her room for a while.

I knelt down in front of Chanyeol and put a hand around his cheek.

"Chanyeol, she's okay. Her heart started again. She's okay." I said snapping him back into reality. He stood up and I put a hand on his chest.

"We have to stay out of her room for a while." I said as we all sat back down and waited.