9

NA EUN 's POV

I didnt know what to say and the ride back to the hospital was strangely silent . Usually when couples first date , they would ask loads of questions to one another , but for us , the car just seemed so dead .

Is it because it was too sudden ? Or was i a terrible kisser ? Did i smell ? Was i too heavy when he carried me ? Train of thoughts kept coming into my head one after another . Afterall , i had been residing in the hospital for quite some time already , hey , i can get self conscious too .

I tried to sleep — i really did . But each time i breathed in , i could only smell the cologne that Jimin uses . It was addicting and sweet , i could always selfishly breathe in more air in here , but ill just look like a retard whos gasping for air or perhaps like a flopping dead fish thats desperate to hop into the water .

"Since when did you like me ?" He asked me out of a sudden , breaking the silence .

"Uh ... erm .. im not exactly how it had all begun but i guess i fell for your eye smile first and i thought that it reminded me of my brother . You were always beside me to cheer me on and shower me with sweet words , you were a charming man i guess ? " I shrugged awkwardly , knowing that i might sound like a creep if i kept blabbing on and on since i kept bringing up things that i had noticed about him .

"Were ? Am i not charming now ?" He pretended to be offended and i immediately shooked my head followed by a deafening no , " ah thats not what i meant , shit , i had just embarassed myself infront of you ." I blurted .

"Hey , its alright . I like cute girls . And you are the definition of a cute girl . " he winked and held my hand with his left while his right was in control of the stirring wheel .

Jesus save me .

Mr cupid you had one job and you are doing it so well , i think i may die of diabetes instead .  You need a instant promotion .

"Then , let me ask you back , why did you kiss me back ?"

"I kissed you back to be assured of my own feelings . To be honest , i thought that i had felt something for you when i first met you . I shrugged it off thinking that it was just because you were my first patient and i was excited to assist someone . But i slowly found myself unconsciously thinking of you and cant wait to deliver food to you during meal times ." He admitted and left my heart racing faster , pumping more blood and oxygen into my system .

"Sleep princess , its a long ride back ." He hummed softly and i nodded , leaning against the back seat and ended up really sleeping soundly .

When we reached the hospital , my mood immediately went down and i grumbled as i changed back into the hospital gown . It was the atrocious murky brown colour hospital gown and it definitely did not flatter my skin tone . I couldnt help to be more self conscious then ever since Jimin was well , now my boyfriend .

I need to look good for him . I thought .

Jimin escorted me back to my ward and helped to reattach all the instruments back in place and sat down beside me , holding onto my hand .

"Dont worry and think so much alright ? Ill be a very good boyfriend , i promise . Since i work here , i can visit you anyday anytime ." His soothing voice sounded really pleasant in my ears and I automatically let out a smile .

"You must be tired too , you should head back and catch on your sleep . I wouldnt want you to tire yourself out because of me ." I said after seeing him yawn .

" no , its okay . Im fine and im not tired , ill go after you sleep ." He assured me but i frowned , insisting that he should go and rest .

After a ten minute of a game similar to tug of war , he lost and had admitted defeat . Before he left , he leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my forehead before waving goodbye to me .

After he left , i stared back at the same plain ceiling , onto to have those thoughts back to haunt me once again . But this time , there were more .

What would happen to Jimin if i die ?

What if i would hurt him deeply and he will never find another girl to date again ?

What if im a burden to him ?

Was it a right choice to bring Jimin into my life ?