15

THIRD PERSON's POV

Little did the poor girl knew that her conditions were getting from bad to worst . Curse those little cancer cells that were replacing with the good ones . Cancer cells were so small yet so harmful . They were increasing drastically inside her and the doctors needed to act fast to help her fight the battle .

It all started on the day after going to the night club . That night when she was sleeping peacefully , something happened to her body and disrupted the peaceful sleep she was having .

Na Eun curled up into a shrimp- like position as beads of cold sweat kept forming on her forehead . She clutched onto the bedsheets tightly as her knuckles were already turning white . Her face was so pale , paler than one of her previous sunbae in summer camp who she had eye-candied before , Min Yoongi— as she remembered .

Her eyes shot wide open as soon as she felt something was amiss . It wasnt like the typical story that other teenage girls would face at night like potential burglars trying to break in to perhaps steal things or even worst , molest them for example . Instead , Na Eun was facing a similar dangerous situation but something more malicious . Her cancer cells were slowly taking over her fight for survival , her will to live for herself , for Jimin .

She felt as if someone was sitting on her body or maybe even choking her on her neck . She was gasping for air and death was what she could only think about .

The word flashed into her mind like a neon red sign . She forced herself to calm down as much as possible as she stretched out her left hand for a red emergency button that was near her bed frame .

A few more centimetres... just a few more . She told herself but the lack of proper oxygen flow in her lungs was slowly overpowering her . Her hands began to shake and tears that were so ever precious to Jimin were spilling out of her eyes voluntarily.

"Help." Na Eun let out a short — out of breath distressed shout for help but it came out more like a small cry before she decided to push herself towards the red button and gave it her all with her last breath .

As soon as the alarm went off , she felt relieved for a moment but after a second of two , she had lost conscious and collapsed onto her bed but her hands were sprawled out dangling from her bed .

——
Jimin , on the other hand was making his rounds on the same level that Na Eun was posted at . As he was walking , all he could think about was revolving around Na Eun and how to help her complete her little bucket list which she seemed so obsessed about .

Thinking about her contagious laugher and her giving small pecks on his face , he couldnt help but to giggle by himself . She was all that he wanted and he was contented with that . He knew that she wouldnt last long but still , he didnt want to give up on this beautiful relationship and would blame himself if she left the world with a frown on her face . The hospital was so quiet and eerie , and with his little giggle , it echoed in the hallway .

However , a shrill alarm could be heard at the desktable and he saw the nurse who was on shift panicking , calling his name over to check .

"Its Son Na Eun's wardroom ! Something happened ! Jimin , go check on her now !"

His heart stopped for a second and fear was written all over his face . It was obvious that he cared about her and he was uttering a silent prayer , praying that she is fine .

He ran as if it was the end of world and he was chased by uncountable amount of zombies . His hair was pushed back but yet he was effortlessly handsome .

He pushed the door open and he saw how Na Eun was unconscious and her heartbeat was faint . He looked at the tube that was attached on her body but realised that it had gotten detached and he knew that she was probably gasping for air .

He was reaching his breaking point and he held onto her cold hands , almost in tears .

"Jimin , move it !"

A male doctor , Dr Kim SeokJin , his sunbae , rushed into the room and hurriedly pushed him away as Jimin was still in a state of being in a daze , freaking out .

Dr Kim impatiently hollered for more help and a few nurses came running in , hurrying to put her on a stretcher . Jimin slapped himself to jolt back and come to his senses , before following the doctor's order and helping the other nurses to push the stretcher to the emergency room .

Please be fine for me . Jimin thought while looking at his love , lying on that stretcher .