23

Before you start reading .

B R E A T H E
-

Third person's POV

True enough , Ha Eun couldnt avoid the unavoidable. She herself knew that she couldn't stop time and neither can she beg for extra hours , or even minutes to just stay by Jimin's side .

That night , the full moon was up and all the patients were already asleep in each of their own dreamland , drooling away . However , Na Eun was an exception tonight since she was up thinking as sophisticated thoughts kept her up all fidgety . She nibbled onto her fingernails as a sign of anxiety and nervousness . She had a bad premonition.

Deciding to follow her own instincts , she felt the need to accompany Jimin tonight and hence that was what she had done . Ha Eun had decided to make rounds around the hospital with him for the first time and they walked slowly from one end to another , from one storey to another . They held onto each other's hands tightly , unwilling to let go .

Despite her fatigue and the huge amount of pain that she was feeling , she managed to put on a small smile on her face , assuring Jimin that she was anything but in pain .

"Do you want to rest for awhile ?" Jimin placed his arm around her waist , while the other hand sweeping her bangs to one side so that he can see more of her face. She shooked her head alittle before mumbling a "no" , insisting that shes going to complete his night duties with him since Jimin was always there for her and she couldnt think of any better way to thank him for all these beautiful memories .

"Remember the first time we kissed ?" Na Eun asked out of the blue , taking Jimin by surprise .

"Offcourse . You were so daring , i have never expected that to happen so quickly but im glad that it did . "

"The sunset was so beautiful, Jimin , but theres only one thing that is much more beautiful than that . " she continued ,literally glowing under the illuminating moon as they passed by the hospital garden .

"Whats that ?" He asked curiously , unable to guess .

"Your smile." Na Eun chuckled while playing with his hair , leaving Jimin speechless .

"Jimin , can you promise me something ?"

Jimin nodded while remaining silent , shining his torchlight onto different parts of the garden .

"Be happy for me. Thats all it matters ."

After Na Eun finished her sentence , Jimin felt that something was amiss . "Why are you acting so weirdly today ? Is there something wrong ? You dont usually say things like this and neither do you accompany me to do my rounds ."

"I... im just overwhelmed thats all . These few months have been the highlight of my life and i am just eternally grateful to have met you . "

"Hey , im feeling alittle tired now , can you bring me back to my room ?" She nudged Jimin as she tried her best to remain calm . She felt even more pain kicking in her body currently and only one word remained in her mind , telling her to go before it happens .

"Oh- okay ." Jimin carried Na Eun bridal style and took the elevator back to the correct storey , bringing Na Eun back to her own bed and giving her a goodnight kiss .

Na Eun looked at Jimin with her eyes almost closed , " hey Jimin ... can i have another kiss ?"

Tears were threatening to fall but she held it all back , she cant let it all go , especially now . She pursed her lips , licking them so that they wouldnt be as dry and disgusting .

"Sure Ha Eun." He leaned in and pressed his soft lips against hers .

"Goodnight Ha Eun , see you tomorrow!" He waved goodbye before exiting the room with a hopeful smile .

It was not long before Na Eun felt an electric-like surge in her body causing her to start breathing heavily as her heart was beating unstably . She knew that time was due and she was ready to be taken away . She was contented with her 22 years of life despite facing hardships , but she was happy with Jimin and offcourse missing her little brother who she would leave behind in this cold harsh world .

Im so sorry Jimin . Neither of us wanted this to happen . Why does our love story end even sadder than the fault in our stars ?

"Goodbye Jimin ... i love you ."  Ha Eun 's tears came down in an unbreakable stream , feeling frantic , lost and sad at the same time . Emotions crashed into her , making her feel even weaker than before . She was about to leave Jimin without saying goodbye face to face .

She was completely crushed .

The door swung wide open , revealing a shocked and scared Jimin , screaming while shaking her body when she couldnt hear a single thing . Her system was slowly failing her and one thing had led to another .

Please smile for me , Jimin ah ...
We will just have a reversal of roles .
I'll be your guardian angel now :'))

And that was when her eyes finally closed and her heart stopped beating ...

-

.
.
.

This isnt the end , maybe another chapter after this yall :'))