16

THIRD PERSON's POV

As soon as Na Eun had her heart beat in the normal range again , Dr Kim could finally declare that she was out of the woods , but she was in a state in which that she was unconscious and needed some time before she could wake up again .

Dr Kim walked out of the emergency room calmly with his fellow nurses trailing behind him . Jimin on the other hand did not enter the room as he was just too nervous to even think straight . He leaned against the door and waited anxiously for the results as he kept thinking positively , assuring himself that Na Eun was a strong girl and could make it out for sure .

He stopped Dr Kim halfway and asked about Na Eun but instead received a good scolding from him .

"I know that you have just started working here with us as a new intern but im sure that you had went to medical school before and know that you shouldnt be scared of seeing a patient losing conscious . What if her life was on the line on the spot? Will you just do nothing and watch her die like that ?"

He took another deep breath before continuing, "The way you had acted earlier on is not something that nurses should do , can you imagine what kind of trouble you will land yourself or the whole medical team in ? What if the patient's family sues you for not helping her immediately when you saw that shes in such a dire situation? Its pretty self explanatory to me that you should start waking up and feel ashamed of yourself !" He furrowed his eyebrows and scolded Jimin loudly , so loudly that all the staffs working that night on that level could hear him .

"Im so sorr—" Jimin looked down and couldnt feel any more embarassed , he wanted to dig a hole and jump into it , hiding himself from all the curious staring eyes .

"If you cant handle a little girl who is going to die soon collapsing , i dont think you are made for this job . The hospital is not a fun place to be at and this is not your playground! So what if you are young and we need more young people to work with ? Young people are too easily swayed and not reliable enough . " He continued .

Jimin clenched his fist as he was triggered by his words , how dare he call Na Eun a little girl ? Why was he mentioning his patient and his lover so casually and easily ? Why was he categorising all the young people and insulting us ? Isnt he young too ?

"Doctor , i suggest that you take your words back . Na Eun is not a little girl anymore . Shes a grown beautiful mature girl . And i believe that you are young too , i mean , just look at how you look , you can easily pose as a secondary school student . " he defended his girl and himself when he couldnt take it anymore .

"Well , im not as young as you think and im great at maintaining my face and my body , but thats not the point here ! Im speaking the truth and only the truth . "

"You know , i know — infact all the doctors and nurses here knows about Na Eun . Shes going to die no matter what and shes only waiting for the time to be right for her to go ! Damn , why are you defending her so much ? Did you fall in love with your first patient ?! You are not here to get your feelings attached and tangled with them ! " Dr Kim used his index finger and pushed Jimin's forehead back which cause him to stumble alittle .

Afterall , he was his sunbae and he should still watch his words around her but Dr Kim was going too far for his liking .

Jimin was angry and his took off his white coloured coat , throwing them onto the floor .

"What if i tell you that shes my girlfriend and i am super afraid to lose her forever ?! If that was your mother or someone you love inside the emergency room , will you not be affected at all ?! " Jimin bursted out , teary eyed .

"Get lost nurse Jimin , i dont want to see you right now ." Dr Kim pushed him out of his way , walking off .

Jimin watch as the tall doctor go off but his heart felt crushed and he would be lying if he said that Dr Kim 's words wasn't partially true . He should not have gotten attracted to his patient and the hospital was indeed not a playground for him to play .

He knew it very well but he could not stop himself from letting Na Eun go .

Thats how love works . He mumbled out before he pushes the door open , revealing Na Eun .