17

A/N pardon me but i didnt check for the number of months left for lung cancer patients in various stages and so my number may be inaccurate in this story .
•—

THIRD PERSON's POV

Once Jimin entered the emergency room , he could not help but to feel pain all over as his heart was aching at the sight of even more tubes being attached to Na Eun's body . To make things even worst , Na Eun was still unconscious which made Jimin think way further than he should .

He knew that his sunbae was a very skillful doctor who probably handled her well but he couldnt help but to worry about her still . Afterall , If God decided to just take her away now , he could have .

He sat beside her on the hospital bed that was not as comfortable as the one he owns in his own apartment , but he had already been used to it since he had taken many naps here overnight .

A knock could be heard outside and two nurses walked in , telling Jimin that she was to be transferred back to her own ward since her condition was getting better already .

He helped them and brought her back to her room , nursing her in his own care afterwards . He had decided to forgo about his other duties and had asked for temporary leave for the other patient that he had , which was fortunately only one , which was Xena .

His sole focus and attention was on Na Eun and he kept himself awake the whole night , watching her getting some rest .

When it was morning again , her brother came down to visit after being alerted about the traumatic incident last night . He was clearly in home clothes and still had his bed hair , meaning that he had probably just woken up and had received the news  . It was obvious that he cares about his noona alot as well .

"Hey nurse , shes okay , right ? My noona is okay , right ?" His eyes searched for Jimin's  ,waiting for his reply which Jimin returned with a small smile , telling him that she was alright .

Suddenly , the boy's fingers felt something move and his eyes immediately darted there , seeing that there was some movement in her fingers , indicating that shes awake .

Thats a good sign .

Na Eun opened her eyes and blinked once , then twice before it adjusted to the brightness of the room .

"Oh hey Eunkwang , you're here ." She let out a small smile as her brother ran over and gave her a big hug .

"Jimin ..." she then looked at her little mochi with tears brimmed in her eyes .

"Come here my little princess ." He said and hugged her , stroking her hair as she was in his embrace . Her brother was standing there awkwardly , fidgeting around .Her safety was what that had mattered to him the most right now and he couldnt care much about being all sweet infront of her brother .

"I was so scared that i would die last night without saying goodbye to you ." She cried but he only shushed her up .

Dr Kim then came into the wardroom as well as he spared the nurse a annoyed look before smiling back at Na Eun and her brother .

"I have some news for you , but may i have outsiders leave here before i continue ?" He said , obviously to trigger Jimin again .

Eunkwang let out a nervous laugh , " no its okay , Jimin's her boyfriend , he's family already ."

"This is not a nice piece of news to hear so i would advice to have her boyfriend out first before i continue incase he would be too emotional or start spacing out again ." He looked at Jimin with cold beady eyes but Jimin was adamant about staying by Na Eun's side , leaving Dr Kim no choice but to say it infront of him as well .

"Well , i dont know where to begin from . I have two pieces of news , the good and the bad , but the good isnt that good either ." He says but Na Eun gave him a confused look .

"I'll just be honest and blunt here . Ms Na Eun shi , your cancer cells had been spreading relatively fast this time round and our medicines and injections have proven to not work as effective as it is supposed to . You are on stage four of lung cancer now . "