|1.1|

The clinging of silverware sounded through my ears as the chatter buzzed around me. I didn't want to be out tonight, I wasn't really up for a celebratory dinner. I glanced down at my glass flute that was filled to the rim with sparkling water. The carbon bubbles that once entertained me died flat causing the transparent glass to have no special amusement to me anymore.

My fried lobster tail remained untouched along with the now hardened once metled butter. I intended on getting a to go plate so it wouldn't be a waste of $65.

"Congratulations Jhen, you deserve it."I heard Aven praise to me .

I averted my eyes away from the colding lobster to him. I gave off a light smile as he stood with his glass of water. I'm glad he wasn't drinking since he was on a road of sobriety. "You makin' boss moves out'chea and you aint never gone let nobody in yo' way. I'm proud of you Ms. Commissioning Editor." Tonight was supposedly a big night for me. My internship landed me a job as commissioning editor of a small publishing agency in Buckhead, Atlanta. My prior boss got promoted to a higher rank allowing me to apply for the spot. I was pretty sold on not getting the position due to me still being a college student and having a pending degree, but my stellar recommendation from the prior commissioning editor allowed me to grab the spot.

For me to be doing this at only the age of nineteen was more than outstanding and I knew I would be happy later, but right now I wasn't feeling it.

"Thank you Ven."I said to him.

The dinner prolonged as Morgan, Aven and his girlfriends continued to congratulate me. I plastered a happy face on and didn't try to have to much conversation. After a while of each other's company we decided to leave the restaraunt saying goodbyes to each other.

Aven made sure to walk both Morgan and I to our cars before going to his along with his girlfriend Cassie.

Morgan pulled off before me allowing me to make an opposite turn away from my place without her calling me with questions where I was going so late.

Taking my phone out of my bag, I unlocked it tapping on the message icon.

— Hey babe, I'll be home late today. Might sleepover at Morgan's spot. Don't wait up.
Delivered 10:55PM

Reroutung my eyes back onto the road, I set out to my usual location around this time of the month. It was like clockwork when it came to the third week of the month. We never missed a beat.

At another red light, I read the text from Henson.

—Cool. Stay safe
Received 10:59PM

Underneath Henson's message was another that caused me to smile a little bit.

—I'm in town. Room 206.
Recieved 3:00PM

Setting my phone down in the cup holder, I derived all my attention from my phone and set it out into the road. The drive was much more quicker when I did this causing my anticipation to ease down a bit. I was really eager and barely could contain myself when it lead up to this part of the month. Although we did the same things all the time, it always felt new and exciting to me.

Things were just different when it came down to what we had going on.

Arriving at the hotel, I parked my car at a guest parking near the back.

My jacket that I threw onto the passenger seat of my car, was now draped across my shoulders. I didn't bother the hassle of sticking my arms into the sleeves knowing that they were going to be taken out of them immediately. I made sure to leave my phone in the car while I grabbed my purse and keys.