|1.22|

"Just stop bein' so damn stupid and I wouldn't have to come down on yo' ass like that. You act like you aint fuckin' pregnant."Anthony fumed in anger as he cleaned up the glass Jhenea had broken on the floor.

She pouted her quivering bottom lip as her eyes glossed. Anthony made eye contact with her before he shook his head ridding all the thoughts of comforting her. "No! I aint even gone fall for that shit, you knew better than tryna' reach for that glass all the way up there in the first place. I was right in the back Jhen, you could've fuckin' asked me."The glass had broken into smaller fragments onto the floor which meant that he was gonna have to make Jhenea wear shoes throughout the house until he knew he got every piece of glass out.

She wiped her watering eyes as she looked down at her pink painted toes. "I'm sorry, I just thought---"

"Ion' wanna hear it Jhenea. I honestly wanna knock yo' ass clean the fuck out. Climbin' counters and shit like my tall ass aint hea' to get the shit for you."Anthony wasn't so mad about the glass breaking, he was more upset over the fact that she had put herself in harms way. She had to climb the stool around the counter, get onto the counter top, and balance herself properly just so she wouldn't fall. It was just all unnecessary when he was just a shout away.

Anthony was having a bit of an attitude due to the fact that this was the anniversary of his brother, Aaron's death. Usually he wouldn't really think of it, but today just seemed to put him in an ultimately bad mood.

Jhenea who was not only hormonal but also sensitive didn't take his bad mood with ease. Everything he said made her sad and made her want to cry. Turning away from him, she exited the kitchen and went into their bedroom just to get away from him. She knew if he had seen her crying it'll only make matters worse.

Anthony had officially cleaned up all the glass before letting out a stressed out breath of air. He ran his hands down his face, he knew he was a bit harsh to Jhenea about a small accident, but he honestly couldn't help it. It was as if his over protective ways had merged with his bad attitude. He knew he meant well, but he just couldn't express it how he wanted to.

Grabbing a glass from the cupboard, he rinsed it out a bit. He placed three ice cubes in it hearding them click around the area of the glass. He went into the fridge and extracted Jhenea's apple juice. He poured her a serving before placing it back into the fridge. He carried the glass to the bedroom. Opening the door he seen Jhenea calming down from her crying session. She was wiping her eyes with a tissue as he stood near the door feeling shitty

He set the glass on one of the coasters on the night stand before standing in front of her. "My fault, I should've never reacted like that. You aint do it intentionally."He apologized.

Looking down at her hands she nodded slowly in signal that she had accepted his apology. "Can I get my apple juice now."She muttered after clearing her throat from the crying.

"Got'chu."Anthony reached towards the nightstand and grabbed the glass. He handed her the drink which she smiled at.

She finished her apple juice in silence as Anthony just stared at her. Jhenea's stomach had now swelled up and with all the tight attire she had, it was real noticable.

"I'm not even gone lie to you, today I'm gone keep my distance from you. It aint nothin' against you personally, just hard for me today. Thats cool with you?"He warned her just so she wouldn't be caught of guard by his bitter ways today.

A pout fixated her face again. "Why? I wanna help you get over this day." She knew what he was hinting for but didn't want to give too much insight thinking it may piss him off.

Anthony shook his head. "You can't help wit' everything Jhen. I'm good though. I'm gone spend my whole day out. Tryna get my mind off a few things."He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just gone leave both of my phones here, I aint really tryna deal with anyone today."This was Anthony's first time in years taking this day so hard. His coping mechanisms usually worked for him and he treated the day like any ole regular day. However with all the sudden news about his father's old life brought back memeories that landed him thinking of all the good times he had with his brother. He tried pushing the thought of blaming Aven far back in his mind, but it always resurfaced.