|1.43|

Jhenea carries Artist's car seat in one hand while she used the other hand to support the diaper bag she had over her shoulder. A gentleman opened up the door for her seeing that she was to outstretched to do it herself. She thanked him as she entered the courthouse.

What was supposed to be a mommy and son day turned out to be a wild goose chase for Jhenea. Curiosity had spike Jhenea's mind and of course she acted upon it.

Once she went through security and getting searched, she made her way towards the records area.

She was honestly going off of a whim here, but hopefully her sporadic decision would aid her in the long run.

Taking a seat in the waiting area, she sat Artist's car seat in front of her. Lifting the cover off of the seat, Artist's brown eyes stared back at her. She smiled before reaching down and taking him out. She didn't like keeping him in the seat for too long since she thought it was pretty uncomfortable so whenever she got the chance to take him out, she acted on it.

Resting him in her arms she sat patiently for her number to be called so she could be served. She was sure she wouldn't be sitting for too long since there was only five people occupying the seat along with her.

As she occupied her attention with Artist, her phone vibrated in her back pocket. Retrieving it, she realized that it was Anthony. "Hey baybeh' Where you at? Yo' car not in the parking lot." He said as he locked his doors to head up to the condo.

"Yeah, I'm actually in the court house." She informed him.

"Court house, last time we went there we got married. You gettin' your divorce papers or somethin'?" He always assumed the worse which caused Jhenea to laugh lightly.

"No Anthony, I'll tell you when I get home." She advised him not wanting to say anything to loud so it could be in the earshot of others.

Anthony nodded. "Just in case, I'm lettin' you know now that I ain't signing not a damn thing so whatever you in that court house for better not have shit to do with me." He warned her.

Jhenea rolled her eyes playfully. "Trust me babe, it has nothing to do with you."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too." The phone call ended right in time for Jhenea's number to be called. She held Artist in her arms while grabbing her car keys and phone, leaving the car seat and diaper bag in the seat she occupied.

Sauntering over to the raised desk, Jhenea gave the woman a smile. "Good afternoon, I'm actually here to look into my passed father's will." She explained to the woman.

She later handed the woman her driver's license as a source of identification. "What's your father's name and date of death."

Jhenea's face grew flushed at the fact that she never really found out the day her father was pronounced dead. She found out a few days later and the precise date was never clarified with her. "His name is Le'Cray Amreeyell, but as for his date of death I'm not aware of. I was away in Atlanta and was notified a few days later. No one actually told me the actual date." Jhenea explained hoping that she would still be granted the rights of seeing the document.

"You never viewed his obituary?"

Jhenea shook her head. "No ma'am, me and my father didn't have the best relationship." Jhenea didn't want to get into detail so she hoped her excuses would be able to get her around the security of the file.

"Well you are listed here as one of his record holders along with his other daughter and wife. I don't know if I can retrieve the will for you since it may already have been taken, but I can get his records. Maybe you'll be able to find something in there." Jhenea nodded her head sending the woman off to go get the records.