|1.19|

Anthony Taylor

Looking down at Jhenea, I tried to find any wrong aspect to adjust for her comfort. Today was the first time leaving the crib ever since she told me she was pregnant. I was micromanaging her a lot, but it was all in good will. "Jhenea I'm serious, call me if anything, please." I said to her as I secured my tie around my neck before putting on my blazer.

"Where you going all dressed up? A date?"She raises her brow at me as she tracked me throughout my movements in the room.

Looking back at her after spraying on some cologne, I shook my head no. "Negative. I got this little meet up I gotta do with Dee, it'll be quick, I promise."

She nodded. "Take your time. I actually wanted to go see the place so I will be going out too."She got up from the bed instantly alerting me.

I observed her as she placed her phone on the charger prior to slowly walking to the closet. My face screwed up in an odd way as I waited for her to catch on to the fact that she wasn't going no fuckin' where. "Just so you don't worry your head, I'll wear jeans and one of your shirt." She held up one of my shirts along with a pair of her dark denim. She held the two peice of clothing over each other checking them out. "Okay maybe I'll wear something else."She chuckled as she set my shirt back along with her jeans.

"I'm not feelin' you going out by yourself."I admitted to her as I laced my wrist with my watch.

Her face grew dry and bland, lacking emotion. "Don't start please. Dr. Ahmed said that my resting should start towards my second month. My body has to learn to slow down not just slow down all at once."She validated as she substituted the outfit she had chosen prior to a long skirt and matching top.

Truth be told, I been way more worried than her. I know Jhenea was scared, but now that she was actually walking around all pregnant and shit, I couldn't help, but to be afraid of reality now. I knew I had a chance of planting a seed in her, but I aint think the shit would be so affective and quick.

Now that I had gotten through one obstacle, I felt like I had to face thirty more due to her being so high risk.

Jhenea was hard headed and loved to skate on thin ice, so I wasn't up with her putting up an argument after I told her what should be done and expected.

I want to bring a life into this world safely, not tragically.

Now done getting dressed, I scoped her closely as she grabbed a towel and her hygien products to get into the shower. "Oh my god Anthony, what did I do wrong now?!"She exaggerated at the fact that I was staring so hard.

"You was about to step into the bathroom without shoes and then you gone call me sobbin' cause you busted yo' ass."I was gonna chew her ass out all the way up to the day she had to be induced into labor.

"Really Anthony, shoes?"

"I take this shit serious."

"Yeah."She nodded while placing some sandals onto her feet. "Way too serious, but it's okay, I get it. It's the second child gitters."

"Why you aint got the first child gitters?"I wrapped my arms around her waist following her to the bathroom.

She stopped in front of the mirror locking eyes with me. "It's not my first child."She mumbled.

Instantly regrettin' I even questioned her about it, I shut my ass up. I watched her get things in order for her to get into the shower letting her control the silence that was dumped upon us due to the last thing she had just said. "Unless you're getting into the shower with me Mason then I suggest you let me go."She pulled her shirt over her head.