|1.49|

Jhenea stood at the stove watching as the omelet she made thicken with the help of the butter she added. She was a bit distraught over what happened with Anthony last night and the fact that he was just acting like it never happened was driving her over the edge.

Caught off guard she felt his body press against hers. She immediately tensed up. He noticed which caused his brows to furrow in confusion as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He applied a lingering kiss onto her cheek before turning her around to kiss her lips. Once he saw the flustered look on his face, he second guessed the kiss on the lips. "What's wrong?" He asked her while reaching over to turn off the stove top.

Jhenea gazed into his eyes noticing a difference from last night. His eyes weren't red and his pupils gained their vivid and beautiful color back. She wasn't too sure if this was the Anthony she loved standing before her so she tested him. "Nothing." She shook her head. "You want something to eat?"Her voice was at a lower octave than normal and her eye contact was astray.

Anthony skeptically looked down at her. In a swift movement he picked her up from the ground and sat her onto the counter. This immediately caused her to withdraw away from him since she now felt like she was getting cornered in by him. Anthony gently grabbed her chin compared to the way he grabbed her last night, she flinched a bit but played it cool. He lightly adjusted her head so she could focus her orbs onto him. "You not telling me something." His voice was smooth and genuine. "Talk to me."

Jhenea didn't know what to say. She was pretty certain even if she did know what to say she wouldn't have said it due to how afraid she was. He stood before her with soft eyes as she raked her mind of things she could say to steer him away from her. Just as she thought of something, Artist saved her with his morning cries. She tapped his shoulder signaling him to back up so she could go tend to Artist but he imposed from doing so. "I got him." He assured her before making it through the hall to Artist's nursery.

Jhenea didn't quite trust his sporadic behavior with their child so she fell a few footsteps behind him just in case she had to take Artist from his hands.

At the threshold of the door Jhenea stood watching as Anthony consoled Artist in his arms. His eyes shifted from a now quiet Artist to Jhenea who seemed to be observing his every move. "Why you look so worried? He alright." Anthony asserted as he took a seat at the nearby rocking chair at the corner of Artist's nursery.

Anthony sat Artist onto his lap and supported his posture with his arm. Jhenea kept her distance but kept her eyes on the two. She never hated how much her son looked like his father until now. There was absolutely no getting away from him honestly. "You standin' all the way over there wit' a pout on yo' face." He chuckled. "You wanna sit on my lap too?"

Jhenea quickly shook her head no. "I'm fine."

Anthony disregarded her statement and outstretched his hand out to her. She eyed his outstretched hand before reluctantly walking over to him. Placing her hand into his slowly she felt him draw her closer to him where he pulled her down onto his lap next to Artist. She kept her head down and eyes adjusted onto her son as Anthony applied yet another light kiss onto her cheek. "Mamas, talk to me" He persisted.

Jhenea sighed. "There's nothing to talk about." She muttered out.

Anthony scoffed in disbelief. "Jhen, you talking to me like you timid, I ain't getting no eye contact and you can't even let me kiss you." He listed off all of the reasons that would cause him to speculate that something was wrong.

Jhenea stood up from his lap looking down at him as he remained seated. She paced the floor slowly and lightly before making clear eye contact with him. "Do you by any chance remember what happened last night ? Like anything at all?" She cleared the nervousness from her voice while tucking a strand of hair behind her left ear.