|1.6|

Jhenea sat on the counter as she watched Anthony scroll through his phone in front of her. She had been in New Orleans for a night already and he was doing a good job at keeping her mind at ease.

"Anthony."She called out to him.

His eyes raised from his phone and set onto her. "What's up mama, you good?" His brows furrowed as he licked his lips.

"I'm hungry."Jhenea wined with her bottom lip poked out.

Anthony sighed. He had just moved into a new place so he didn't have much in there aside from furniture. He had yet to go grocery shopping since he never really had the time. He walked over to the fridge opening it up to see if something had miraculously popped up in there. "You got three options, take out, grocery shoppin' or you eat these nasty ass brownies Payton made."He held the tray up that concealed the clean cut brownies that happened to have one in the stack that was just slightly bitten.

Jhenea grabbed the tray of brownies opening it up for herself. She tore a small piece of one of the brownies placing it in her mouth. Anthony watched her with an amused smirk as her face screwed up and she spit the small piece of brownie back up. "She talented in everything, but cooking."Anthony laughed as he decided to throw the entire tray away.

"That was very inedible so order take out." Just as he was about to pick his phone up from the counter, it vibrated with a call. Beylan's contact info popped up causing Anthony to sigh, she had the worst timing.

For the sake of his daughter, Anthony excepted the call putting it on speaker. "Hello."He spoke.

"Daddy!" Payton's voice jolted through the phone, causing him to let out a relieving sigh.

With a slight chuckle, he shook his head. "Hey mama, what got you so exited at this time?"He leaned against the counter. Payton was the brightest kid ever, she had so much energy that sometimes she couldn't contain it. While growing up, Anthony was nothing like Payton, he was a much more a secluded and grumpy child, but Payton was his complete opposite. She definitely had his attitude, but for the happy and bubbly personality, that was all Beylan.

"I had fun today." She said in an obvious manner as if she did that as a usual everyday.

Anthony laughed lightly. "Is that so? What you do today?"Due to it being a school day, Anthony knew she wouldn't have been able to do much aside from her usual dance class right after school.

"My mom, her date, and I went bowling then we ate pizza, it was fun." Anthony scrunched up his face. The whole 'date' thing caught him off guard. He didn't give a fuck about who Beylan went out with, but what he did care about is Payton and who her mother is allowing her to be around. Due to Anthony's occupation, he always felt this paranoia of someone getting close to his child to hurt him. Payton was his one and only weakness and he wouldn't be able to live if he knew some random ass nigga inflicted harm onto her because of him.

With his eyebrow still rose, he looked back at Jhenea briefly before turning back around. "What you mean date? She had you out with some nigga?"

"I guess you weren't supposed to know that."He heard Payton say dreadfully.

"Payso, this not the time."He warned her since he began to gradually grow heated. "Give the phone off to Beylan."

Not going against his wishes, Payton walked the phone over to her mother who was in the bathroom removing her make up. "Mommy, it seems like you have a call." Payton held the phone up to Beylan causing her eyes to roll as she read the caller ID name saved under 'Payton Emazjha's Father🙄'