|1.50|

Anthony creaked into the condo trying his best to avoid confrontation from Jhenea. At this point, he was pretty unaware of where they stood in their marriage, but he knew he wasn't ready to let her go. Although his influenced actions may depict so, his sober action only pulled her closer.

His high wore off after a few light feeling hours and he wasn't too astray from his right state of mind. His Balenciaga Runners lightly tapped against the hardwood floors as he tip toed around. Jhenea's car was still in her designated parking space in the parking garage which gave him the validation he needed to confirm her presence.

He knew there was no avoiding her since he still had to go home, but if he could keep her asleep that would be a joy.

What he didn't know was Jhenea was awake unable to sleep due to her not knowing where he was. She had gotten a call from Samantha after Anthony's big blow up and to say she was disappointed was an understatement. Anthony may have been disrespectful to everyone around him but he always has been respectful of his mother. They had their few bumps in their journey of building a healthy relationship, but it has never been a point where Anthony blatantly disrespected his mother.

Jhenea could hear his light footsteps sound through the condo, but she remained in bed. Her eyes puffy from crying, balled up tissues surrounded her and, her mind and heart torn in two.

The hinges of their bedroom door squealed lightly as the light from the hallway illuminated through a small portion of the master bedroom.

Her back was faced in the direction of the door causing Anthony to assume she was deep into her slumber. Too upset and flustered with her thoughts she had skipped out from wrapping her hair up resulting in her curly tresses to be sprawled out wildly against the pillow.

She could hear him nearing her and in no time she felt a dip on her side of the bed. He lightly placed his hand onto her exposed shoulder causing a shudder to rattle her spine.

Her heart raced at the thought of not knowing which Anthony she would be faced with. She knew she could handle the old Anthony, but the new Anthony was very intimidating.

Her breathing hitched causing Anthony to retract his hand from her shoulder.

Not being able to remain engulfed in the suspense his presence brought onto her, she slowly turned around to face him. He was shocked to find out that she wasn't asleep like he assumed. "I'm sorry, I ain't mean to wake you." He apologized in a light voice.

Jhenea sat up hoping that would ease the tightness in her stomach. "I wasn't asleep." She informed him truthfully. Running her fingers through her hair, she brushed a few strands away from her face. "I was actually waiting up for you to tell you."

Anthony bumped his brows together. He reached over and turned the lamp on the nightstand on so she could be able to see the expression of confusion plastering his face. "Tell me what?" He asked.

Jhenea cleared her throat to hold herself back from crying. She detached her eyes from his and placed them onto the family picture of Artists, Payton, her and Anthony. She had been looking at it all night, and somehow the picture alone enabled her enough to be able to have the courage to do what needed to be done.

Reaching underneath her pillow she attained her wedding ring. Her eyes averted from the dazzling diamond to Anthony's bloodshot red eyes. She extended her hand out and placed the ring into the palm of his hand. "I can't keep doing this with you." She shook her head.

Anthony looked down at the ring in his hand and instantly it brought back the memory of when he first placed the wedding ring on his finger. The day was pretty hectic but all he could really focus on was spending the rest of his life with Jhenea. Yes, things didn't go how they typically should've, but he had to admit that marrying her was one of the best choices he made in his life. And now here she was returning the ring back to him as if he hadn't made the correct choice in life. "Jhenea we married, you need to wear your ring." He stated while outstretching the ring back so she she could slip it onto her finger.