|1.39|

"Welcome to father hood." Dieon congratulated Carson as all rights to his daughter was signed over to him. The long process was finally over and with the help of Dieon things moved smoothly.

"Preciate it, you a real one." He thanked while pulling her into a hug.

Dieon cringed at his mushiness. "Alright cut the sensitive crap. I'm just doing my job."She instinctively smoothed her hand down the all white pant suit she had on.

Carson chuckled. "You somethin' else Dee."

She waved him off as they went ahead and got a few more papers and documents signed. Since Benzi left before she could name the baby girl, Carson got the opportunity to. He had planned for weeks on the choice and after speaking to both his mother and Morgan, he sided on Gianna Reign Shawnt'e. The name had a lot of meaning to it since Gianna happened to be Carson's grandmother's name and Reign happened to be Benzi's real name.

Although she wasn't around, Carson still felt the need to allow her daughter to have a small part of her.

An hour later, Carson was able to walk out with Gianna in her car seat so he could strap her safely into the car. He was new to this father thing so he was a bit confused on how to go about the car situation. "She's only 3 months old so she still has to face the seat."Dieon explained as she turned Gianna's car seat the other way to secure her.

Scratching the back of his head at his lack of knowledge, he nodded. "Thank you." He said sheepishly.

"No problem."She assured as she got out the car. Unexpectedly she bumped right into Carson's chest shaking her up a bit.

Catching her breath, they stared into one another's eyes as Carson kept his hands placed on her waist to make sure she wouldn't fall over from the slight scare. Snapping out of it, Dieon shook her head. "Personal space moron, learn it." She swatted his hands away from her waist.

Jerking his hands back in embarrassment again, he sighed. "Right."He nodded. "Thanks for strapping her in. I'll have the payment in your account by tonight."

"Alright." With that she sauntered away not bothering to say a good bye.

Carson watched her attentively as she got into her Mercedes. "That was fucking weird." He tried to rid his head of the thoughts that began to surface.

Locking Gianna's door, he got into the car himself and started it. This was his first time driving with his daughter in the car so he was nervous as hell. He wished his mother or sister could have made the trip with him so they could monitor Gianna in the back seat for him, but they claimed to be busy for the day.

Not knowing a thing about a child, his first destination happened to be Anthony's house. He had advised both him and Jhenea of his visit a day prior so they could be aware.

The twenty minute drive to the Taylor's residence was filled with him thinking of how his life had to change because of his daughter. He had to realize that he was not only living for him, but also for her— meaning some shit had to stop and some shit had to start.

After bypassing the gate, Carson pulled into the driveway and cut the car off and got Gianna out. Heading towards the door he applied his finger onto the doorbell signaling his presence.

A moment later Anthony opened up immediately grabbing the car seat out of Carson's hands. "Damn I ain't never seen so much Carson in my life." He looked at Gianna in amazement.

Carson chuckled. "I said the same thing. I ain't even know my genes was that strong."

"I wanna see!" Jhenea voice shouted as she transitioned from the backyard into the house. She made sure not to touch anything since she had wet paint on her hands and clothes.