5: kik- dean

It was 7:56am and Dean was running late.

Well... later than the usual late.

He was sprinting down the hallway in the English building just trying to make it to that first class of the day, when the bag he was carrying on his arm hit on a water fountain. All the books dropped to the floor, creating a whirlwind of papers scattering away, trying to run as far away from Dean as possible, so that it was a sure fire way to make him completely late to class.

"Shit." He mumbled as he dropped to the ground and started grabbing all the papers in sight.

Flustered, he was stuffing things back into his bag, when another set of hands leaned down to grab a few of his books.

"Here come on you're going to be late." A small, but deep voice spoke from in front of him, picking up all the books left on the floor.

Dean started to stand up, catching a glimpse of the boy that was handing over his books. He had an interesting taste in style, as all Dean could see of him was the loose tan trenchcoat that engulfed his body. He tried to look at him, but every time Dean would throw a glance towards him, he would turn away.

"Thanks." Dean mumbled taking them out of the hands of the dark haired boy.

"Come on." He said opening the door that led into the lecture room, holding it open for Dean.

"Thanks again."

8:00am a clock on the wall said.

Right on time.

Dean looked around for the boy that had helped him, but he saw him already trailing to the back to sit down. Dean hated the back. The seat he saw front and center would have to do for now.

He sat down in a rush and took out a notebook and a pen along with his phone from out of his pocket.

New message from cassiopeia: good morning :)

Dean unlocked his phone and smiled.

Impala67: good morning to you too I see you're especially chipper today

cassiopeia: hey don't rain on my parade

Impala67: wouldn't dream of it. Just noticing that you actually seem happy

cassiopeia: well thanks

Impala67: no problem :)

"Dean?" He felt a tap on his arm from the person sitting on his right.

"Hmm what?" He said looking up from his phone.

"Do you have your essay, we're turning them in?" The girl next to him said.

"Uhhh what essay?"

"The assignment we got last week on American Romanticism?"

"Oh..." Dean exhaled, remembering the night he had meant to start writing it.

Instead of reading the articles he had printed off in the library, he insisted on messing around on his phone and ended up talking to Cas.

Oops.

"Uh yeah no." He said clicking his pen on his notebook.

"You're screwed." The girl said laughing and turning to hand her stack of papers to the kid next to Dean.

"Yep." He muttered to himself, staring at the blackboard in front of him.

What a great way to start my junior year.