35: dean

The next morning, Dean woke up to the sounds of knocking on his apartment door. At first he thought he was dreaming, but then as he drifted out, he realized the daylight also shining in from the windows.

Shit.

"I'm coming." He mumbled out as he stumble-rolled off the couch.

He tripped over his own feet as he fought to make it to the door before who ever was knocking woke up Castiel.

"Stop knocking pleaaaase." He hushed to himself as he rubbed his eyes nearing the front door.

"Deaaaaan." He heard a voice calling from the other side of the door.

Dean took a second to think about whose voice it was, but it wasn't very long before he realized what day it was.

"Heyyyyy Lisaaaaa..." Dean said softly as he opened the door.

"What the hell dean? You weren't answering my texts. It's Monday. We always get coffee on Mondays before class." She said stepping inside.

"Oh um yeah see I just wasn't really feeling..." Dean started to say as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Who's coat is that?" She stopped, looking over at the chair Cas had set it down on last night.

"Um well..."

"Do you have a girl over? Is that why you haven't been answering me? You slept with her didn't you?"

"Lisa please lower your voice..."

"No Dean, answer me."

"No. I didn't sleep with any girls oh my god Lisa."

"Well then what the..."

"Dean?" A small voice said from the other side of the room.

"Hey Cas." Dean said, a smile creeping on his face, as Castiel walked out from Dean's room.

"Lisa?" Cas said pointing to the girl next to Dean.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"Hi I'm Castiel. I'm a friend of Dean's." Cas began to mutter as he got closer to them. "I was just uh... crashing here to get away from my girlfriend... um ex girlfriend actually, sorry for messing with your plans."

"Awe no it's fine, I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm fine. Didn't like her much anyways."

Dean smiled. That was smooth. Really smooth, Cas.

"So... um like I was saying before but never got the chance... I was gonna stay home today and help Cas through his... uh... breakup." Dean said nodding towards Cas.

"Oh. Oh yeah okay. Sorry again. I totally understand. If Dean would've just answered my texts I would've left you guys alone." She said glaring towards him.

"Sorry." He mumbled under his breath.

Cas had a unpleasant smile. Dean knew he was faking it completely. Dean bit his lip to keep him from laughing at Castiel's pained look.

"So um... yeah I'll just go to class now. We can get coffee some other time." Lisa piped in as she backed up towards the door.

"Uh yeah, yeah, sure." Dean smiled opening the door for her.

"Bye Cas. Nice meeting you... formally anyways. I remember seeing you at the party."

"Oh yeah. Bye Lisa."

"Bye Lisaaaa..." Dean called as she walked away, leaving the apartment.

Dean closed the door behind her. Smiling as he leaned up against the door with his eyes closed.

"Castiel Novak..."

"Am I in trouble?" Cas whispered.

"Far from it." Dean said shaking his head, laughing.

"Oh haha... okay."

Cas looked at the ground and shuffled his hands around in the huge sweatpants pockets that were hanging off of his hips.

"Do you think she noticed the fact that I literally came out of your bedroom wearing your clothes?"

"I don't really care."

"Oh um okay yeah... I..."

"Cas?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever stop worrying?"

"No."

"Can I help you with that?"

"Don't really think it's possible but you can tr..."

But Castiel didn't get to finish his sentence before a pair of perfect lips were on his. Dean snaked his hand around his back and smiled as Cas wove his arms around Dean's neck. Between kisses they would laugh at each other for no reason other than the fact that they were happy. It was a new feeling for Dean. One he could get very used to.

"You know I'm really loving this just rolled out of bed look." Dean said breaking away for a second.

"Well maybe that's because I literally just rolled out of bed... your bed... hey wait a second... Dean!" Cas said pushing his hands out on Dean's chest.

"What?" He smiled, biting his lip.

"You ass! I said I would sleep on the couch!"

"And here I was thinking you didn't notice."

"Dean! You moved me last night... I thought I was dreaming..."

"You know you're actually kinda light..."

"Not the point. I'm mad at you." Cas pouted, crossing his arms over in front of his chest.

"Okay, but you look super hot right now."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes... I swear to god Castiel that shirt has never looked that good on me."

"Whatever. You can take it back then." Cas said sticking out his tongue.

"Only if I get to take it off you first."

"Dean!"

"My bad... did I say that out loud?"

"You kinky little shit." Cas said smiling from under his pout.

"Please?"

"No."

"Okay... can I make you breakfast then?"

"Hell yes."