46: castiel

authors note: since a few of you commented on that last one (thank you) I'll keep the Balthazar story line in, thanks for the feedback y'all... I'll be quiet now...

resume...

Cas walked for a long time before he finally got to where he wanted to be. It took him an hour to bring himself to realize he was more than half way to his mothers house.

But that wasn't where he was heading. He was heading towards a park... one particular park that no one ever dared to hang out in anymore. There was one thing that always drew Castiel there. One thing hidden in the back of the park, where the tree line hid the flowing creek...

It was a bridge. Originally red, but now tarnished back to most of its original wood color. It was the one place that Balthazar and Castiel would run off to, and no one would ever find them. Except Gabriel.

He would always warn them not to fool around on the bridge, that one of them would get a splinter, or fall into the water, but neither one of them cared. It was a risk they didn't mind taking for solitary peace.

But now as Castiel stood on the first plank, he saw what Gabriel meant. The paint was chipping away, leaving shards of wood exposed, the rails were barely high enough to keep a child in, let alone catch them from falling, and the water below rippled against the rocks, showing the sharp edges that would catch that child's fate.

Instead of crossing the bridge however, Cas chose to stumble down the narrow dirt side to get to the water.

He slowly slid down the loose dirt and gravel, catching himself with larger rocks to regain his footing. And when he reached the bottom, he stepped forward into the mud, not caring to get his shoes dirty. He stepped right up to the waters edge and knealt down beside it.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he placed his hand down into the water, letting the cold water abruptly wash over his fingers.

"I'm so sorry."