31: castiel

"So wait... you have how many siblings now?" Sam questioned, putting his drink cup back down on the wooden table, next to the empty tray where their pizza had once sat.

"I honestly have no idea... but there's a lot." Castiel said picking at a piece of crust on his plate.

"Who's fault do you think it is... dad or mom?"

"I've don't really see my dad much so I'm guessing him. I've only ever been blessed with the daunting presence of Naomi Novak."

"Ah I'm guessing that's your mother then."

"Yep." Cas mumbled.

"Dude. Shut up." Cas heard Dean whisper across the table to Sam, but it ended up being more of a mutter.

"He's fine Dean. I really don't care. She's not like Satan or anything... although I'm picturing a close resemblance."

Sam laughed a little, though he tried to cover it up by taking another drink. Dean gave him a death glare, which Castiel caught out of the corner of his eye.

Cas turned over to Dean, who was in the booth beside him and gently smiled, waiting for Dean to look over at him.

"Dean..."

"Sorry." Dean said looking down, causing Sam to laugh again.

"Anyone know what time it is?" He said trying to steer back into conversation.

"Uh 8:54." Cas said pulling his phone out of his coat pocket.

"Shit." Sam said scrambling to get out of his bench.

"Woah woah slow down what's up?" Dean called from his corner of the bench.

"Oh yes um I kinda forgot I need to pick up Jess at like 9:45 sooooo we kinda need to go... like now."

"Alright."

Castiel slid out of the bench first and waited for Dean to get out before joining Sam. Dean put a twenty on the table and took one last sip of his drink before catching up with the two boys in front of him.

"Wait for mehhhh..." Dean said walking up next to Cas as they handed the door off to one another.

"I call shotgun!" Sam yelled as soon as they left the building, sprinting off towards the car.

"Heyyyy! No no no Cas gets the front." Dean called after him.

Sam stopped right before he got to the car, and turned around to face Dean. He was frowning to the point where he was comparable to a giant puppy, and Cas couldn't help but laugh.

"Relax Dean. Sam's fine. I really don't care."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

Dean opened the door and looked over at Sam with a smirk.

"Alright. Let's get jumbo dork back home then."