12: kik- dean

Dean stared across the library at the rain streaking down the windows.

It was one of those eerie days where the weather was cold, and the rain was cold, and inside was cold, and everything just seemed... cold.

Especially Lisa.

Dean heard a book slam, causing him to look back down at the girl in front of him in a rush.

"Jesus Lisa. We're in a damn library."

"My bad." She squinted her eyes at him.

"What's wrong with you today?" Dean muttered partially to himself, pulling out his phone from his backpack.

He watched as she was shaking her head across the table, writing angrily down notes on her paper.

Dean ignored it and started typing a new message.

Impala67: help.

cassiopeia: what's wrong?

Impala67: Lisa

cassiopeia: saw that coming

Impala67: you little bitch

cassiopeia: :)

cassiopeia: what'd you do this time?

Impala67: honestly don't even know I'm just sitting here writing an essay and she's taking notes so idk what the problem is we're just sitting doing work

cassiopeia: well what are you guys talking about?

Impala67: ...

Impala67: nothing

cassiopeia: well there's your problem

Impala67: oh.

Dean set his phone down and picked back up the pencil sitting on his notebook. He started to scribble down a few words and then looked up.

"So... uh how's your brother doing?" Dean mumbled in an attempt to start conversation.

"Fine why?"

"No reason. I just remembered he was studying abroad."

"Yep. He's in Germany right now." She continued, not looking up from her book.

"Why didn't you... ya know go with him?"

"I didn't want to leave the states."

"Oh." Dean muttered, tapping his pencil against the table.

He started looking around the room, eyeing all the bookshelves and the people surrounding them. The room was pretty crowded considering it was a Thursday afternoon. Usually it's packed on Sunday with all the procrastinators getting their work done before Monday.

"Dean." Lisa whispered.

Dean's eyes were fixated on the window he was previously staring at and more particularly the person outside of it, walking on the sidewalk.

"Dean." She hissed.

Dean saw the trenchcoat and knew it was him immediately. It was that kid from the hall, the one he smiled at in class the other day. He realized he must be coming in the library, but what he didn't realize was how fast he was tapping his pencil as he watched the boy approach the doors.

"Dean! Stop it with the damn pencil!" Lisa yelled at him.

His head snapped back over towards her and into focus, looking at her innocently as the room around them went quiet.

"What?"

"Stop tapping your pencil you're giving me a headache!" She muttered looking at him.

He looked down at his hand, dropping the pencil onto the table and setting his hands in his lap.

"Sorry."

Across the room, Dean watched as the front door opened. The boy with the trenchcoat stepped through the door with a pile of notebooks in his hand and a tumbler in the other. His hair was wet and a few strands were sticking to his face, but the others with sticking up in random directions. He looked exhausted as he fumbled his notebooks into the arm that was carrying his tumbler so he could hold the door for the girl behind him. Dean watched as he left the door and started walking towards the large bookshelf to find a place to sit.

"Hey Dean do you want to get some dinner later? Meg was going to meet me at Chipotle you can come if you want."

Dean heard as Lisa started talking, but his attention still drifted on the brown haired boy who was now sitting down at a table by himself, sprawling his assorted notebooks out on the table. He sat down and ran a hand through his hair, making it even fluffier than it was before.

"Dean? Oh my god." Lisa snapped in front of his face.

"What?"

"It's like pulling teeth to get you to respond to me!"

"Sorry. What were you talking about?" He said drifting his focus back towards Lisa.

"Dinner. Me. Meg. Chipotle. Are you coming?"

"Yes. Sure." Dean shook his head.

"Thank you. Now I can text her back." She waved her hand turning on her phone with the other.

While Dean watched Lisa start typing on her phone, his own vibrated on the table beside him.

cassiopeia: so how's it going?

Impala67: uh good idk we're going to dinner

cassiopeia: alone?!

Impala67: god no I'm not that dumb

cassiopeia: good

Impala67: so what are you up to?

cassiopeia: not much just trying to do some research on solar energy

Impala67: for what?!

cassiopeia: a paper for enviro

Impala67: ew you're taking that

cassiopeia: unfortunately. my dad wants me to find new ways to implement environmental preservation programs in the corp

Impala67: that sucks

cassiopeia: a little