113: castiel

"Hey Dean?" Castiel whispered up to Dean as they lodged themselves through the tiny little exit of the lecture room.

"Yeah?" Dean said, pulling on his backpack strap as it got caught in the door.

"I'm gonna take your advice."

After they freed themselves from the crowd, Dean looked over to Cas with a look of hesitation.

"And... what advice was that?"

"I'm going to therapy." Castiel nodded.

"Oh." Dean's eyes shot up in realization of his words from last night's entanglement. "That's uh, that's great Cas."

"Hopefully it'll help me... move past this." He said looking up at Dean.

"Yeah." Dean gave a faint smile. "Yeah. I hope so."

They walked down the hallway, shoulder to shoulder, hands lingering by their sides.

Dean fiddled with the straps of his backpack, pushing the black canvas up on his shoulders.

Castiel noticed he seemed anxious, almost uncomfortable, which was something so unusual of Dean, he didn't know how to respond.

"You okay, Dean?"

"Yeah. Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Dean said with the same barely-there smile as before.

"You seem... stressed?"

"Nothing I can't handle." He whispered, reaching out a few of his fingers to Castiel's.

Castiel took the fingers between his own and felt the nerves coursing through his body.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about it."

"Okay, now I'm going to worry about it because I love you and this relationship is not one sided with personal problems." Cas brought his voice up to a normal tone, instead of the full whisper he was at before.

"I promise. I'll be fine." Dean said softly, looking around the hall to avoid eye contact.

"I'm gonna kick your ass if you're lying to me."

This time Dean looked down and genuinely smiled.

"Please do." He laughed.

"Oh fuck off." Castiel smiled back. "I was trying to be serious."

"I know. And I love you for it, but I'm good."

"Alright. Fine."