Chapter 2: Robberies and Forgeries

"There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes."

************************

Several years later...

James Moriarty had needed someone for a heist. Sebastian Moran, his best sniper, was in Iraq, assassinating some random governor. His most capable thief was in Munich, stealing a certain gem. His favorite 'computer expert' was somewhere in New Jersey, leading a bunch of thieves through an old bank.

That was when he had found out about her...

"I told you, Boss. I can't do it. Even going by plane the job would be over by the time I got there." Sebastian was pinning his phone between his shoulder and his ear, his rifle in his hands. He had 52.7 seconds until his target came in his sights, and then he would run. For now, he couldn't leave the country for at least another hour. "You'll have to find someone else."

"But no one is as capable as you for this!" The consulting criminal hissed into the phone. He was in his office, with building layouts scattered in front of him where he sat cross legged on the floor, scanning each one of them for a way in. In his hands were a pen and paper, and he crossed off Seb's name at the bottom. Damn it, that meant no one was free for this...

"I might be able to suggest someone," Seb could see his target slowly getting in his line of fire, flanked by two rather burly looking bodyguards, "Any specifics?"

"Any hired gun you know of?"

Jim's eyes rolled as he heard the click of a trigger, and the sound of Seb struggling as he quickly put his rifle back in its case and started to run. "S***! I'll have to call you back, Boss!"

He put down his phone, and picked up the paper that had been tossed unceremoniously on top of a few rather old pictures of a particular street.

Thief Strikes Again!

Nearly $10,000 worth of diamonds were stolen from a museum in London. The five large gems were taken from a locked case, with no sign of it ever being touched. No air ducts had been tampered with, all doors and windows were securely locked, and the only sign anyone had ever been there was a single note.

The picture showed a torn scrap of white paper, with neat handwriting and a symbol. The symbol was a quickly colored red heart, that was winking.

Thanks for the diamonds !

*************************

He heard of her the second time a few weeks later. A mob boss had been assassinated in Seattle. Apparently he had been shot in the head by a sniper. The autopsy had revealed that the bullet was lodged 3/4ths the way into his brain. But the real shock was the fact that when closely inspected, you could clearly see a certain symbol edged into it.

A heart with a black winky face.

*************************

The third time, he was in Brazil. Word had traveled to him via his fellow criminals, as it was incredibly hard even for him to get any form of cell phone or internet service.

A government official's computer had been hacked, and robbed of all it's information. World shattering news could have been given out within minutes.

Yet it never came.

Instead, a day later, he had been sent an email from a fake account.

The email was a link to a simple picture.

The same heart. A winking heart.

*************************

The fourth time was an assassination. 

A woman's throat had been slit in a back alleyway in Russia. It was a clean cut, and she bled out within 25 seconds. When stripped to see if there was any other wounds, it was found that someone had carved into her chest. It was very light, yet once they cleaned off the blood, the symbol was as clear as day.

*************************

It was the fifth time when he had decided to contact her.

Another theft, this time in France. A sapphire was stolen, with an estimated worth of $5,000.

The same symbol was placed onto the little pillow where it had been kept.

*********************

Hey, guys!

Angel here!

I'm just hoping that everyone is liking the book, and I'm reminding you to read the first one before this one, although this one is a prequel. I won't update as often as the first one, as I just started school and I'm getting more math homework than usual. But I'll try to make it once or twice a week, or I'll just stay up until midnight every night updating because i honestly won't mind. Thank you for reading, I'll update soon!