Chapter 21: Just Try To Run

"She was rouge and red lips, dark hair, and soft hips. Mischief, and laughter. She wanted you to love her faster."

**************************

Alexander Smith checked her cell every twenty four hours to check that she wasn't dead or hadn't escaped. He had worked at this facility for three years. Yet his boss had never been as fascinated with one of his captives until now.

He had read up on her. Apparently she was some thief that worked for some criminal mastermind. Alexander -Alex, as his friends called him- Didn't really care. All he knew was to slide a tray of food through a little slot near the bottom of the door, and go in the cell every day to make sure she was still there.

So far, he had always found her in the same area. Sitting cross legged near the door, a menacing look on her face. She would ask how he was. One time she had screamed at him as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.

Yet on the fourth day, when he went inside, she wasn't there. Instead of seeing her, he simply saw darkness, and heard the door slamming shut behind him.

Oh no.

The woman was there, already locking the door shut. She had taken his keys from him without him noticing.

In seconds, she was sprinting away.

******************************************

Her legs were weak. Everything was so, so weak. They had given her little food for a reason.

It was so that if she did escape, like now, then she wouldn't be able to get far.

She struggled to stay standing, and her hands were shaking as she slightly leaned against the wall for support while she ran. The lack of sleep was getting to her as well. She had maybe only gotten 6 hours of sleep total this week.

Yet she had never ran faster in her life.

She had no idea where she was going or where she was. She knew that she was back in London - someone had accidentally told her that while giving her food one day - But that was the only knowledge she had.

She sprinted through the building, despite how her legs ached and how dizzy she got. An alarm blared overhead, and she went even faster at the sight of a door in front of her. Someone lunged for her, and instead of fighting, she chose to dodge him instead.

She was far too weak.

Seeing light, she went even faster, keeping the open door in her sights.

But she made a single mistake as she sprinted into open air.

She hesitated. Just for a single moment. Just to read the street signs.

And in that single moment, a shot rang out, and she screamed as pain exploded in her leg, crumpling to the ground with a whimper.

Someone took a firm grasp of her hair, and she let out a cry as she was dragged back in, dirt getting into the bullet wound.

"LET ME GO!" She sobbed, weakly attempting to grab onto things to stop him. She started to cry as she was dragged back into the darkness.

She had failed.

But she knew one thing.

She knew where she was.

3rd Street.

London.

An abandoned building.

**************************************

SONG AND VID AREN'T MINE!!!

Language warning for the song.