Chapter 16: Little Miss Constance

"She looked my demons in the eye and smiled. She fell for the very thing I'd thought she'd fear."

**********************

The next mission Beth was sent to was in Germany. An assassination.

It would most likely take about a week or two to be completed, as this mission was quite a bit harder than the last one's. They didn't know where the target was, and he was a very powerful man. 

The day she left for Germany was fun. Moriarty bought her a new scope for her favorite rifle, as her old scope had been scratched [much to her horror]. Her suitcase was packed with an array of black clothing and fake ID's.

Moran drove both of them to the airport, and the criminal waved goodbye to his Little Miss Constance as she calmly walked into the airport with a smile that seemed to mimic poisoned honey.

************************

To: James Moriarty

From: Beth Constance

Subject: 1st Day

I earned a few people's trust. Staying in the Rose Hotel. I'll keep you posted.

************************

To: James Moriarty

From: Beth Constance

Subject: 3rd Day

Getting closer to target. Should only be another five days.

****************************

To: James Moriarty

From: Beth Constance

Subject: 5th Day

It's going good. But it will take longer than planned.

***********************

Moriarty smiled down at his computer, seeing her progress. There were several other emails stating her progress, and they were all doing quite well.

He took a sip of his drink, watching as Moran opened the doors to his office.

His sniper acknowledged him with a small nod, before grabbing a file and walking back out.

Ah, yes.

Things were going perfectly.

That was, until, he didn't any emails for five days straight.

**************************

Meanwhile, in Germany....

Oh god, they had found out.

They had noticed her tailing them.

They knew everything that she had seen. They knew her location. It was only a matter of time until they struck. She couldn't use her laptop or her phone. They'd trace it straight to her. She was screwed.

An airport would be too noticeable for her to go to. A cab would be almost as bad. She'd have to hitchhike until she found a boat to stowaway on.

James would probably hate her for screwing up. He'd kill her for getting this wrong. The thought burned her insides.

She liked him as an employer. He was kind and understanding, and he let her do anything.

Only her, for reasons that god probably only knew.

But that didn't matter now.

All that she knew was that she was screwed.

*************************************

I LOVE THE END OF THIS CHAPTER.

SO OMINOUS.

 Anyway, I hope you liked it. I'll try to update again tonight.

SONG AND VID ARE NOT MINE.