Chapter 11: Texas Heat

"She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table, and you know it."

********************************

The next case was in America.

In Texas.

In August.

As expected, it was hot. Burning, in fact. Sebastian had fallen asleep outside, and woken up with a near case of sun poisoning on his back. He checked the temperature the moment he ran inside.

103.

He was now lying on the hotel sofa, ice packs splayed across his bare back as he hissed in pain. He was wearing a plain green pair of shorts. Jim had ditched his usual suit, and opted for a plain shirt and a rather baggy pair of jeans. 

Beth had spent the morning taking an extremely cold shower, attempting to avoid the sunburn that they were all slowly developing.

"How's the burns, Tiger?" They both tiredly raised their heads, the haze clearing from their eyes as they saw what she was wearing.

She was still dripping wet, her hair tracking a sopping wet trail from the bathroom. She only had on a bikini, fanning herself to try to avoid the heat. She slapped Seb's back, resulting in him holding back a cry of pain. She popped an ice cube into her mouth. "Oh god, why'd we come here?!" she announced, closing the drapes.

"I don't remember." Seb groaned.

She looked at where their eyes were landing. "Like what you see?"

They averted their gaze with a laugh.

****************************

Hey!

I know, I know. Not my best chapter, and a little more suggestive and out of character than usual. I had writers block, okay? It took me a while to come up with this one. I hope the next chapter will make up for it!

I love you guys!

*throws cake*