Chapter 9: Diagnosable

WARNING: SONG HAS A FEW CURSE WORDS. I DONT OWN THE VIDEO.

************************

"She's a tornado with pretty eyes and a heartbeat."

****************************

James was a diagnosable psychopath. That much was obvious.

He fit all of the descriptions and symptoms perfectly.

Any psychologist that knew their stuff could probably tell with a mere glance. He knew because his parents [back when they were still alive] had taken him from psychologist's office to psychologist's office. Over and over again until his mum and dad had accepted what he was.

Every person they saw took a single look at him as he walked in the door, and diagnosed him.

Bee was a different story.

Nobody ever really could tell what exactly was wrong with her, or what it was caused by. Her family was loving, yet that wasn't the problem. She had never had a hard time making friends. Good grades. Smart. Athletic. Beautiful. Graceful. The perfect life.

But maybe that was what had messed her up in the first place.

Her life had been a bit too perfect.

She had always shown tendencies that her mental health wasn't exactly... Healthy.

Her brother - Daniel- could never prove that she had murdered their parents. She was only a little girl, after all. Almost 9. So sweet and innocent. Too precious for this world... Danny could never convince anyone something was wrong with his little sister, and it tore him apart. He could remember when she was little, and he was nearing 12. He had felt so grown up, helping her with her homework, and teaching her how to multiply and divide... But there was nothing he really could do. People like her were born, not made. Yet he knew it wasn't his fault. That was one of the few things that kept him sane.

A few people looked her over, despite her young age, murmuring things such as "no impulse control" and "unhealthy habits".

Everyone he took her to said a different diagnosis.

 "Psychopath."

"Sociopath."

"Kleptomania."

"Borderline Personality Disorder."

"Manipulative."

"Pathological liar [occasionally]."

One psychologist had simply shook his head after giving her a few verbal and written quizzes, giving Daniel a sorry look before going on to his next patient.

After a while, she called herself all of those things. Of course, a few had to be wrong. Yet a few were definitely right. She knew she was a screwed up person, yet she just let it take its course. Tried to keep herself from landing in a mental hospital.

And it wasn't like there was much she could do to stop her problems.